cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How bad are the Mosquitoes at Ocean Shores, WA

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We will be at Ocean Shores, WA in May and again in July for about 12 days each time. My wife has a bad time with mosquitoes, sand fleas, or any other bug bite. While I will get a slight itch that goes away in an hour or so, she will still be itching 3 days later.

I would like to hear from anyone that has been to Ocean Shores, WA during May, Jun, or Jul. Does the sea breeze keep the mosquitoes away or are, as I suspect, the mosquitoes bad at Ocean Shores?
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat
8 REPLIES 8

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pangaea Ron wrote:
Sea breeze? . . . the wind will be blowing so hard that they can't land.

Exactly!!

Been there a number of times on the ocean side of the main road and never noticed any skitters at all. And DW would know because she gets huge welts from the bites. The wind can blow so hard there it's loud enough to make it hard to talk outside. If the CG has a section next to the ocean and another closer to the road like the Thousand Trails or KM Resorts CGs, take the ocean side. Great place to go camping and you'll love it!

Interestingly, we were at a CG in Long Beach last year, a few miles to the south and they had plenty of mosquitoes there.

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™ve been camping down there 2-3x/yr for many years. If there are mosquitoes I havenโ€™t found him yet. Great beach walks. Bring your kite. Enjoy yourself.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all. My wife will be reassured, that she can still get her walking in each day.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Don't worry, the bats eat them all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
We've camped at Ocean City in every month of the year and have never noticed an over abundance of bugs. Biggest problem is getting a reservation when you want it. We were down there during President's birthday during the big storm, but had to stay in an Airbnb because we lost the engine in the MH and couldn't use our reservation that we'd had for 4 months. Did score two sites for a week over the fourth of July.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Very minimal, I never worry about them there.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Sea breeze? . . . the wind will be blowing so hard that they can't land.

We've never had much of an issue with mosquitos there.

We just spent 4 days at Pacific Beach just north of there. Getting your kite rigged for heavy weather is more of an issue.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Cool pacific rain and breezes should keep them in check.