cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to avoid bad campgrounds

jaydub74
Explorer
Explorer
My family and I just begun our trip down the 101 on the west coast? We've just left a Campground and found it rather sketchy. There appears to be a number of people who live full time in some of the spaces, and many of them were worry some looking. Very intimidating.

Just wondering how to avoid these types of campgrounds in the future? Looking for tips from more experienced campers then I.

Also looking for 101 campground suggestions!

Thanks
Josh
2014 Kodiak 284 BHSL
2010 Ford F350 V10 Crew Cab
Full Timing: 2 Adults, 1 Toddler, 1 Yellow Lab
www.randomgoodness.ca
51 REPLIES 51

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
What is it about permanent or semi-permanent residents in an RV park that bothers you people?
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
We made that trip last year and stayed at Cape Lookout, Carl Washburn, and Harris Beach state parks . You can't go wrong with any of them, great parks.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
We usually will do a tour of the campground prior to staying as we have see numerous one as you mentioned, that being the case we drive on.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
First I plan our stops in a general area. I then look on www.woodalls.com and make a note of a couple and note the town where they are located.
Then I check those out on www.rvparkreviews.com to make the final choice. If it's on Friday or Saturday night, a holiday or a popular tourist area, I make reservations.
I also locate their address on www.googlemaps.com earth view and zoom to check out the entrance and where the sites are located. Works for us.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 has the right 1st suggestion, I have another. Good and bad camps are in the definition of the user.
Add google earth satellite view to your search plan.
Max

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
+1 on rvparkreviews.com and do not forget to post a review of the places you stop so others can benefit
The correct URL IS

RVPARKREVIEWS.COM
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out rvparkreview.com

You might also stay at ajy of the Oregon State Parks for this part of your trip