cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to search for member owned campgrounds.

sunblade50
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All:

We are members of Lighthouse Village RV Park in Homer MI. We have been members there for 30+ years. We recently purchased a very nice park home in the park. I will be retiring in 542 days.(Who's counting?)
My question is this: I am looking to find an affordable permanent place down south, Alabama, Georgia, possibly Fla. How do I go about finding campgrounds in these areas that have similar sites? Ones that have permanent park homes for sale or other alternatives.
We figure that would be the way to live affordably and still escape the severe winters of Michigan and still be reasonably close to family in Michigan.

Any ideas???
10 REPLIES 10

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
In Florida try, Paradise park, ppca.us/ it is a Airstream and class A motorhome park near Punta Gorda. Granada lakes in Ft. Myers. Both are reasonable with nice people. Both have lots to rent. We go to PPCA. I hope this helps, Bill
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

sunblade50
Explorer
Explorer
We found a campground on the web called Logan Lake in Alabama. Does anyone have any experience with this place. The weather looks okay for what we want and it looks very similar to what we have up here in Michigan.
Also, do you have to do anything to prevent mold or mildew when we are not there in the summer?

Thanks in advance for any info.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
One place to check out RV Lots for Sale by State etc.....LINK

That's where we found our lot. We were also able to compare other potential states we've lived in or thought we might want to live in. It just took months of looking until the right one popped up for sale in our price range.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
One place to check out RV Lots for Sale by State etc.....LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
If you are talking about renting a site for your park model on a yearly basis, the Rio Grande Valley in Texas has lots of places available. Many parks advertise units that are for sale. There are some great opportunities available.

I would agree, there are 100 of options in South Texas & at a very reasonable cost.
pawatt

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
If you are talking about renting a site for your park model on a yearly basis, the Rio Grande Valley in Texas has lots of places available. Many parks advertise units that are for sale. There are some great opportunities available.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We found our RV Lot via an online search. We were able to buy site unseen only because we were semi-familiar with the area in North GA.

Not all RV Parks allow Park models. The one where we bought is an example. But many lot owners leave their TT, 5er's onsite year round, add decks and storage units and even sell the lot with the RV when life changes their priorities.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Uh, you might also want to take a road trip to see what areas you like first and check weather/temps for the times you will living there.

spoonman
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for RV LOTS FOR SALE, select state and see if there is anything of interest. We rent a lot in an ownership park in Fl and will be going back in Nov. for our sixth year.
Plenty to choose from in this economy.

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
Try this for a start and they may have a good idea of more in the area:
http://www.rollingridgervresort.com/
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.