cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm getting tired of El Nino.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The El Nino pattern is living up to it's reputation as a conveyor belt for storms across the southern US. Usually winter in Florida is the dry season, especially in southern FL. Most cold fronts come out of the north and stall out around Orlando. The few stronger ones usually push south of the keys with a hour of rain as it passes and a day of cold weather.

In ten years of Snowbirding in WPB I've only put my awning in three times because of thunder storm warnings in the cold fronts. I've already broken that record and I'm glad I did put it in. Having grown up here you could count on one hand the number for days where it rained all day in a year. While January has not broken that number YET and instead of less than 3" of rain... we are pushing 10" for the month, enough is enough.

With El Nino the fronts are coming out of the west across the gulf where it's picking up a lot of moisture... hence all the rain. I doubt TX is getting as much rain from the same front as by the time the front gets there, CA has sucked most of the moisture out of the front.

While it's serious when two are killed in Sarasota by a tornado or cars are blown around yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale, BUT I bet those in tornado alley would be happy with a E-1 that's less than 200' wide and stays on the ground for a couple of minutes. Must be a slow news day when the one yesterday makes the national news.

I know those of you in CA dealing with mud slides or you in the DC\NY areas dealing with record snow do not feel sorry for me but dang I can't do this all of the time. :B

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...
49 REPLIES 49

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Cold at Outer Banks. Only in 30's for the week.

tumbleweed1951
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! 80 degrees here n Redding, Cal today. :C

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Oh cr&p, can I come visit you guys? It is supposed to be 88 degrees on Wednesday. Where is our share of cold and RAIN?
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely gorgeous weather in Arizona and the same is forecasted for a couple weeks at least. There are even some desert poppies blooming already. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
It's shorts and tee shirt weather, finally!
๐Ÿ™‚
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
pjsky wrote:
There appears to be a dramatic change in the weather patterns on the way. Yuma AZ will warm into the 80sF by Sunday and stay in the 80s for the future.

Yes, it is coming here to Tucson too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Today again was 25F and hard frost. Temps reported from a Weather Underground station named Catalina Shadows in Oro Valley near Oracle and Tangerine.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
There appears to be a dramatic change in the weather patterns on the way. Yuma AZ will warm into the 80sF by Sunday and stay in the 80s for the future.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ivylog wrote:
"Come on down into Mexico, it's warm & sunny here" at 3500 miles instead of 500 ($1000 more for fuel each way) I'll stay in S Fla and complain about the weather plus CCW is allowed.
Good reason to go to Mexico - it's safer.

cheteckie
Explorer
Explorer
yep! some folks here in the Tucson area woke up to frozen water hoses...
2013 Allegro Bus
2013 Subaru WRX

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
25F in Tucson this morning. Hard frost on everything.

It's supposed to get nice and warm by Sunday....

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Come on down into Mexico, it's warm & sunny here" at 3500 miles instead of 500 ($1000 more for fuel each way) I'll stay in S Fla and complain about the weather plus CCW is allowed.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
SASS59276 wrote:
vermilye wrote:
Well, I guess I've now had both extremes. Two years ago it was the "best weather ever" for the Quartzsite/Parker area, and this year I've been told it is the worst, although it is finally warming up here in the "Q". In either case, it is much nicer than upstate NY winters!

I don't know about that one. Spent Christmas in the Motorhome on the Tug Hill Plateau. (just outside of Pulaski)Tomorrow it's suppose to be in the high 50's in the Finger Lakes. I, for one, kind of enjoy the El Nino. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yea, I suppose I should add "MOST upstate NY winters"! My son in Oswego is laughing at me...

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
The real question is if this El Nino thing will be the new norm, or just a once in every 5 years thing. With the oceans warming up, who knows.

I remember so many years ago when they were talking about global warming the statement was made that there would be new winners and losers when it came to the weather.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

SASS59276
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
Well, I guess I've now had both extremes. Two years ago it was the "best weather ever" for the Quartzsite/Parker area, and this year I've been told it is the worst, although it is finally warming up here in the "Q". In either case, it is much nicer than upstate NY winters!

I don't know about that one. Spent Christmas in the Motorhome on the Tug Hill Plateau. (just outside of Pulaski)Tomorrow it's suppose to be in the high 50's in the Finger Lakes. I, for one, kind of enjoy the El Nino. ๐Ÿ™‚