Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Indian Lake State Park

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

anyone have any info on Indian Lake SP near Lakeview Ohio ?

Wife and I will be flying in at the end of the month to pick up our ordered class C from RVW.

Hope to complete our PDI, and plan to spend the night at this park to double check all the systems prior to the trip back home.

Looking for level site with full hookups to experiment with all the systems !

Not sure if I can even reserve a site #, but if someone could recommend one that would be great !

Thank you !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !
12 REPLIES 12

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Are you flying into Dayton or Columbus? Indian lake is sort of in the middle of nowhere... it's one of those "living the redneck dream" places. If you enjoy getting piss drunk and hopping in a boat or a golf cart it's the place for you!! Otherwise, not much to write home about.

Cameo_Phil
Explorer
Explorer
Nearest Walmart is in Bellefontaine, about 20 miles away to the East. Take route 33 to route 68 and follow it to the South side of Bellefontaine. Walmart is on the left hand side of route 68 just prior to exiting the city.
2002 Carriage Cameo F35CKB
2005 Chevy 3500 LT, CCLB 6.6L Diesel 4X4

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
There is a gas station a few hundred yards past the entrance that has easy in/out for you, if you need gas but they dont have diesel.

No walmarts within 30-35 miles. I mentioned the IGA for food and across the street from them in a dollare general, genral dollar...somethinig..that also has some food

Thank you !
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
There is a gas station a few hundred yards past the entrance that has easy in/out for you, if you need gas but they dont have diesel.

No walmarts within 30-35 miles. I mentioned the IGA for food and across the street from them in a dollare general, genral dollar...somethinig..that also has some food

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Very good information......Thank you !

Local gas stations RV friendly for a 30 foot class C ?

Food store will be needed as we are flying in and will to grab some food items before heading to the campground.

Wal Mart in that area ?

30 degrees ? It's 85 and sunny here......I guess I may need to find / bring socks then......LOL !
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I should also mention that if you will need groceries, about a mile down the road past the campground entrance is an IGA and the have gas too (no diesel). If you need parts there is an rv store another half mile down the road past that named Happy Hollow. There is also another gas station a few hundred yards past the campground entrance (no diesel). If you will need diesel there is only one place at thats at Russells point, Marathon Station at the corner of 33 & 708.

Okay I think I overloaded you with enough info LOL

Reese 16K

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Indian lake is only a few miles from RVW, I have been there dozens of times and itโ€™s a large campground so you should have no problems getting a site at this time of year. If you are coming towards the end of the month the water would most likely be turned on. I know a few other Ohio State Parks are turning on the water as of 4/16. If you are looking for a FHU site, they have recently made some improvements and added more FHU sites. If you look at the campground map the FHU sites are in D section sites 43-55. The newly opened ones are in the B section sites 11-42.

If you definitely want a FHU site I would go online and reserve a site, they are a hot commodity. If you donโ€™t get one there will be plenty of spaces open so I would not bother on making a reservation and save the 7 bucks and just pull in to see what will be open โ€“ there will be plenty. The camp office has moved to the Camp Store so that is where you will need to check in and get a spot.

If you need to get water, it is next to the dump station after you pull into the park at the first stop sign to the right. Besides those 2 dump stations you will notice 3-4 new ones when you pull out at the main gate, so not a long time to wait.

If you need any other info just let me know

Reese 16K

Cameo_Phil
Explorer
Explorer
FHU Sites may not be available this time of the year. Temperature will be 30 degrees tonight, so winter is still here. Indian Lake is a great campground. I believe you can only reserve sites in section "A" this time of the year.
2002 Carriage Cameo F35CKB
2005 Chevy 3500 LT, CCLB 6.6L Diesel 4X4

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all !
2018 Forester 3011DS
1930 CCC

METZCOOL
Explorer
Explorer
You can reserve online and D-030 thru D-035 are great FHU sites that backup to the lake.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/Portals/parks/PDFs/parks/Maps/Indian_Lake/indianlakecampmap.pdf

We've never camped there, but my friend has a cottage on the lake. Not a bad place to visit.

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/ohio/lakeview