cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ironwood NM?

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just stumbled on this when adding dispersed cg to my Future Camp spots map. Never heard of it but we plan to visit Chircahua again and Saguaro and I spotted this. Rather ominous that the BLM webpage warns you about border crossers going thru the area but hopefully the wall will reduce that by the time we get there.

Is there much to see there? Looks like some excellent BD areas.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
11 REPLIES 11

caver
Nomad
Nomad
A good friend of mine used to live just east of there. I camped in his backyard. There's lots of ranchettes out in that area.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Edd505 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
In this case NM=National Monument....heh. Not New Mexico. Seems as if few visit the place from the lack of responses.

:B Likely why I had not heard of it. 😄

Most likely, there is another NM just to the west that I haven't heard of either: Sonoran NM (not New Mexico) another patch of desert seemingly.
Superbumper

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
In this case NM=National Monument....heh. Not New Mexico. Seems as if few visit the place from the lack of responses.

:B Likely why I had not heard of it. 😄
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is not the place for politics
Superbumper

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Oh good, we're taking money away from veterans to make a taller fence in a place where there is already a fence.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
ItsyRV wrote:
All federal recreation areas within designated geographical lines of the border are now required to post notices of potential border crosser. Many portions of this "wall" are actually far less imposing than what you see on TV.

Do not confuse the public released images of some massive solid structure with the reality of what is actually being build away from public eyes. Additionally, don't let fear mongering dictate where you go less you miss a whole lot of this country. You have a greater chance of being killed on the streets of Dallas than you do coming in contact with an illegal while boondocking for a year along the border.

I saw a video disproving that fence theory, most of what is going up is the 30 ft tall fence. And the president just defeated the opposition in court so there will be more rapid construction. 100 miles a year for the next 5 years.

"The first phase of construction in Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, which runs along the southern border with Mexico, will replace a two-mile stretch of 15-foot-high fencing with structures that are twice as tall and feature large flood lights to illuminate the surrounding areas, according to a government court filing and congressional staffers familiar with the plans.

The project is the first construction of new border barriers on federal lands using funds diverted from the Defense Department under President Trump's national emergency declaration. The Department of Homeland Security told a federal court earlier in August that it plans to eventually replace nearly 44 miles of existing pedestrian and vehicle fencing with 30-foot steel bollards, creating a barrier spanning most of Organ Pipe as well as portions of an adjacent wildlife refuge."

Right from the enemy press

"YUMA, Ariz. – On a dirt road past rows of date trees, just feet from a dry section of Colorado River, a small construction crew is putting up a towering border wall that the government hopes will reduce – for good – the flow of immigrants who cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally.

Cicadas buzz and heavy equipment rumbles and beeps before it lowers 30-foot-tall sections of fence into the dirt. “Ahí está!” – “There it is!” – a Spanish-speaking member of the crew says as the men straighten the sections into the ground. Nearby, workers pull dates from palm trees, not far from the cotton fields that cars pass on the drive to the border.

South of Yuma, Arizona, the tall brown bollards rising against a cloudless desert sky will replace much shorter barriers that are meant to keep out cars, but not people."

And this from the DNC press

As for your crime theory, numbers and links please to prove that. Tho I'm sure you are correct, you would be much more at risk in Chicago, Detroit or Baltimore urban areas.
Superbumper

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
All federal recreation areas within designated geographical lines of the border are now required to post notices of potential border crosser. Many portions of this "wall" are actually far less imposing than what you see on TV.

Do not confuse the public released images of some massive solid structure with the reality of what is actually being build away from public eyes. Additionally, don't let fear mongering dictate where you go less you miss a whole lot of this country. You have a greater chance of being killed on the streets of Dallas than you do coming in contact with an illegal while boondocking for a year along the border.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Superbumper

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
It's in AZ, not NM.
Ray

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Ironwood New Mexico? I live here and never heard of it, whats near there??
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
don't count on it.):
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.