cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jantzen Beach RV Park

desobelman
Explorer
Explorer
We just left Jentzen Beach RV Resort in Portland, OR. It is rated by Good Sam as 9.5/10/9.5. I would give it a 8 for clean restrooms, amenities offered. I would give it a 7 for RV sites, as they are not evenly spaced. Worst rating would be for lack of enthusiastic welcome and failure to inform us of what does and does not work!

Billed as free WiFi, pool, cable tv. WiFi service in our section was down and had been down for a week, according to a neighbor. Cable TV? You need a converter box to receive signals. Erika, who checked us in, did NOT tell us about the need for the converter box, nor did she inform us at check-in that the WiFi was down. She was efficient, but lacking in any welcoming manner. No, "Welcome to Jantzen Baech". No smile!

Although I understand that this is the Pacific Northwest, we did not know the pool was not open until arrival.

The incurable defect, however is, the park sits RIGHT UNDER THE FLIGHT PATH OF THE AIRPORT! Jets taking off all day and all night. Ubiquitous train tracks a block or two away.

My rating for this park is, if you can stay somewhere else, do so! Will NEVER come back here again.

Darryl
Darryl & Carole
2005 Sea Breeze LX 8375 37' w/3 slides
"The Grand Hotel West"
2008 Saturn VUE, Towed
GS-25512187 FMCA-355241 Dolphin-1901
4 REPLIES 4

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
I always stay at this park when staying in Portland as it's convenient for visiting my Great grandson in Hazel Dell and my 92 y/o aunt in Portland. I used to stay in Tigard,but they were offered an ungodly amount of money to sell so that a large apartment complex could be built there.
Yes, it is right under the flight path of the airport, but so are two others on the eastside. I use my sat dish while I'm there and yes, the wifi has been down for more than a couple of weeks, BUT I did find out that one of the reasons was that several folks were using the wifi to watch movies online. All in all,it's not the quietest places, but it is a nice park. Bedsides there's a really nice Hooters across the freeway.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:
A quick look at RV Park Reviews would have shown you each of your concerns. This is an old park who's only real claim to fame is it's convenient location to Portland and even that has it's drawbacks due to traffic congestion.

X2!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Overall, your review is similar to many posted on RvParkReviews.com for the same RV park. I always check this website first when going to an area where I haven't camped before. Then do a google skyshot, if this proves good I will call the office directly to get a feel for how this park is run. From my experience Good Sam ratings are always higher than reality, at least that is what we have discovered over the years.

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
A quick look at RV Park Reviews would have shown you each of your concerns. This is an old park who's only real claim to fame is it's convenient location to Portland and even that has it's drawbacks due to traffic congestion.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad