cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jellystone - Hagerstown, MD, or Tall Pines, NJ?

Hatman
Explorer
Explorer
Had a last-minute change of plans and we're now looking at spending Friday and Saturday night at the Jellystone Park in either Hagerstown, MD, or Tall Pines (Elmer), NJ. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is very much into swimming, water slides, etc. Both have a few openings (we're in a 40 ft. DP), and both are pretty convenient to where I need to be on Monday. I've read the reviews on-line and did a search here (which didn't turn up anything), so just wondering if anyone has any first-hand experience with either of these parks.

Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I camped at the place in NJ a few years back, and wasn't all that impressed. It's very sandy, and if you are looking for anything outside of the CG, it is pretty much in the middle of nothing for an hour in either direction.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
All the campsites At Austin Lake are nice and pretty level. However, it's a pretty steep grade to get down to the lake and campground. It's about 2 miles down, But it is so beautiful once you are there. We prefer the Red Carpet site along the creek. The Red Carpet sites have beautiful brick fire pits and concrete pads. I have pictures but I don't know how to attach them here. The owner goes out of his way to make everyone happy. He lives on site in a house on the hill so if anything needs attention he's right on it. I wish we lived closer so we could go more often. But it's the only place we stay when we are in the area visiting family. You may also want to check out the Mountaineer Race track (Wv side of the Ohio River.) it's not too far from the Lake.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

Hatman
Explorer
Explorer
We have not, but thanks for the heads-up; might be a nice weekend get away. What sites/areas do you like there?

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
That's close to the pirate ship, your little one will love it! The staff there is awesome. Check back after your stay and let us know how you liked it.

Have you ever camped at Austin Lake in Toronto, Ohio? That's another of our favorite places.

Hatman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again to everyone for the information. Just made a reservation for #718. The woman I spoke with on the phone could not have been any nicer or more helpful. Printed off the weekend's activity itinerary -- I think our daughter is going to be a very busy little girl! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
That's a nice section of the park. There isn't much shade but the sites are level and nice. Easy in,Easy out. The only thing that the premium sites get in that section is a paver patio and a nicer fire pit. I still think you will enjoy your stay. There is a pirate ship playground at the back of the loop.

Hatman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks. I'd definitely spring a few extra bucks for a Premium space, but it looks like the only spaces available will be the "standard" spaces up in 700s in the Eagle's Nest Loop area. Any thoughts on those spaces/that area?

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
We live 20 minutes away from the Jellystone in Hagerstown and this by far is my favorite place to camp! We were there in June and I just booked for Aug. The facilities are clean and well kept. The lifeguards and staff are friendly and helpful, and they just put in several cabins. We've stayed at a few Jellystone parks and my 17,13 and 6 yr old prefers this one too. They are almost done building a new store by the pool with the slides.

We really like the premium sites (large pull-throughs 30-50 amp) and the pull throughs in the preferred section lot 201 to 206 are level and close to the showers.

Happy Camping ๐Ÿ™‚

Barb

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Jellystone. We stay there every year on the way back from Myrtle Beach. There are some nice big rig pull throughs in the "back" of the campground.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
we've stayed at the jellystone park in hagerstown, MD. a nice park with activities.
bumpy