cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Karick Lake South Baker, Florida

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any one got any info on Karick Lake South or North? The review I could find was an 8 for the South, but was posted June of '09. And the North was a 5 or so.
Any current info would be greatly appreciated. Plan on a night over first Friday of March. About the only opening we could find for that time slot.
Leaving Florida Caverns area and heading towards Service Park Campground, Silas, AL. Open for alternatives.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
It is a nice small park and yes the lake is drained and they do allow pets to stay there. You also have Hurricane lake North that is very nice . Bear lake campground the sites are very tightly squeezed in there.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did read that the lake has been drained, but the park is still open. That's fine with us. We just want a night over in a nice park with decent facilities, an area we can walk about, sit & relax, BBQ a burger or two with an adult beverage or so and prepare for the next days drive, find a place on the way out to replenish supplies and smile.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
We evacuated to Karick Lake in the Blackwater State Forest during Hurricane Irma. It is a very nice campground with spacious sites and a beautiful hiking trail that is mostly boardwalk. It was certainly not drained at that time. We usually stay at next door Bear Lake Campground because we have a pet. It is also a nice place to stay. Karick Lake let pets stay for the evacuation but usually do not. lizzie

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mich F wrote:
I had never heard of it, so I had to Google it.:B
It looks like there won't be any lake, but the campgrounds will be open.
Karick lake drained

Yeah that's a new one on me too.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I had never heard of it, so I had to Google it.:B
It looks like there won't be any lake, but the campgrounds will be open.
Karick lake drained
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect