cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King Range - Mattole Campground, California

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
The website reads " Facilities: 14 tent/trailer campsites with picnic tables ... ", but I could not find if a 30 foot 5er would fit.

Does anyone know if I can fit my 30 foot 5er?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
5 REPLIES 5

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
This blog post may be of some help -- scroll down to July 7 for photos of the campground area. But I gotta say, the road to the beach is very, very twisty. Don't know if it is suitable for a bigger rig.

Redwood trip, including Mattole Beach
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Having been to the area, the gravel road is usually in bad condition.
I wouldn't take a new or big 5th wheel in there.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Google gave me quite a collection of images, including one of my Tiger at this campground. There are some fairly large Class A's in the photos. I am not sure how their size and maneuverability compare with your rig. The road in was moderately awful when I went (about 5 years ago) and I doubt that it has improved much.

link to Google images for Mattole Campground
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't been there......
Sounds like getting there could be interesting

This remote area is reached via a long winding drive down Lighthouse Road from the tiny town of Petrolia. Mattole Campground is at the beach and offers camping, picnic areas, and hiking opportunities.

Phone:
(707) 986-5400 for info

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mattole+Campground/@40.2927082,-124.1039459,23059m/data=!3m1!1e3!4...

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you mean the King Range Conservation Area near Whitethorn, CA?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad