cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Land Between the Lakes

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
We have long wondered about camping in the Land Between the Lakes area but we know nothing about it. I would love to hear about campgrounds, hiking, biking, boat rentals and general info. Fire away...........
9 REPLIES 9

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
The Homeplace was having an old time county fair when we were there. There were exhibits, crafts for sale, story tellers, and folk singers. We enjoyed our time.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
The campgrounds in LBL are jewels. Visit the Homeplace. Go to Marian and visit the mineral museum, world class. Some of the best campgrounds 1,000 miles in any direction.

Sue_Bee
Explorer
Explorer
When we went to LBL, we stayed at Energy Lake, it is very nice, we also drove through a few of the others, all were nice. You will find that most of the campgrounds have spacious sites, some have more trees than others, and shade can be important in TN and KY in the summer.

One of the things that we did was to drive down to Fort Donelson, I was indifferent before we went, but my husband really wanted to go, so we did, our son, the husband and I. We got to the information center, and were told that there was a presentation happening in 5 minutes at a site about a mile down the road. We rushed down there, and found that it was just us and the ranger, who treated the three of us to an hour plus long fantastic accounting of the history of the Fort, I was so glad that we went. We then wandered through the buildings and looked at all the artifacts and old pictures. Definitely recommend the trip for history buffs.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
You can locate and find information about all the CG's in the LBL area on the Ultimate US Public Campground Project. Check the KY and TN maps.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
RGar974417 wrote:
We stayed at Canal Campground.Has some full hookup sites,the rest water and electric.Some sites are right by the water.Nice park.Roads could be a little tight for some larger units.

This is our favorite of all parks in the area. We have stayed/or driven through them all. Our trailer is pretty long and we manage to find sites, but it can be tight. Its beautiful there especially on the side of the campground on the main lake side. The cove side is still nice too
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Energy Lake cg in 2011. very peaceful and quiet, but no water at the sites. The bath house was kinda weird too. There's a lot to do up there at LBL and it's beautiful for sure. We plan to go back eventually and stay at Hillman Ferry.
Proud owners of 2006 Keystone Hornet 31ft. BH. Camp with the DH, 2 DS, & Axel the Rottweiler.
http://thefrugalhappycampers.blogspot.com/

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Canal Campground.Has some full hookup sites,the rest water and electric.Some sites are right by the water.Nice park.Roads could be a little tight for some larger units.

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Check page 2 and see subject line 'just booked week at Hillman Ferry for posts about this campground and area of Land Between the Lakes.

We have been there and found lots of info on their website www.lbl.org and there's a really good map on the site.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We spent a few days there last summer, and had a great time. Can't remember specific CGs. But it wasn't crowded, so we just popped around and stopped for night when we finished hiking around and walking the trails and looking at the historic buildings, etc.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic