cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

las vegas

NascarBobnBeth
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone stayed at a campground in or around las vegas? if so what was the name of it and was it a good place to stay? thanks
Bob
16 REPLIES 16

pvg87111
Explorer
Explorer
I vote for Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort. I have stayed there at least 10 times and have enjoyed each stay.

greyhook
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA at Sam's Town in LV. Decent park, nice pools, kids liked it.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
We like aircraft and we like locomotives. Lovely sounds for us, reminding us of days long gone.

We are very fortunate that we can hear the rail traffic and sometimes the air traffic at our stick-and-mortar abode.

...and by the way, I have had many an interesting trip in military aircraft.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
I'm sick and tired of the Navy disturbing me when in North Las Vegas with their jets. Fly quietly! Like the gentle swoosh of an Apache chopper.

That would be U.S. Air Force jets -as in Nellis AFB. I would not like to hear "the gentle swoosh of the Apache" if I were an enemy - would be the last thing I hear. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
NascarBobnBeth wrote:
has anyone stayed at a campground in or around las vegas? if so what was the name of it and was it a good place to stay? thanks
Bob

Depends on how close you consider "around". One of my favorite campgrounds when in the area is Valley of Fire State Park, about 70 miles northeast of the park. Some water & electric sites, bathrooms with showers, all first come. Lots of beautiful scenery, hikes, etc.

Some photos from my visits.

A typical hook up site:

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I've also stayed at the Oasis a couple times. Good place, I'd do it again.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sick and tired of the Navy disturbing me when in North Las Vegas with their jets. Fly quietly! Like the gentle swoosh of an Apache chopper.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis is very nice. Everything you need and close to The Strip.

KA4EBU
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis is the place for me.
Don and Pauletta
2003 Phaeton 40RH
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
Misty - Enjoying on the Rainbow Bridge
Sophie - Maltese

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Stayed at the Hitchin' Post in North L.V. Was clean. Only drawback was fighter jets from the air base during the day. Not a problem for us.
. Fighter jets.....the sound of freedom.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
HappyCamper89 wrote:
We stayed at Oasis Las Vegas Resort several years ago. It is a very nice resort and very convenient to downtown. It has a gated entry with guards on duty 24/7. We loved it. They are Passport America members, so your price with that membership would be half off. Check the restrictions to be sure it's good when you plan to go, but if you are not a member, it would pay for itself in just 2 nights of staying there.

X3 Stayed at Oasis several times and will return.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing is real nice but Las Vegas Resort is clean and we liked it because the have 24hr security at the gate. once you drive around Vegas you will like the gated security. We have stayed here twice in the last year and been happy.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
HappyCamper89 wrote:
We stayed at Oasis Las Vegas Resort several years ago. It is a very nice resort and very convenient to downtown. It has a gated entry with guards on duty 24/7. We loved it. They are Passport America members, so your price with that membership would be half off. Check the restrictions to be sure it's good when you plan to go, but if you are not a member, it would pay for itself in just 2 nights of staying there.

X-2

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mainstreet Station downtown $18 FHU. Their buffet is still reasonable and couple blocks from Freemont St.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...