cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Local Firewood For Sale

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone know where to buy Local Firewood, outside of Two Medicine Campground, hopefully from one of the locals instead of paying that ridiculous $6.00 for 4-6 sticks of wood that doesn't really burn worth a damn.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
10 REPLIES 10

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
mdcamping wrote:
Were at a point where we will buy it at the campground, local grocery store or from one of the locals in the area... as long as it looks DRY!

I can't help but laugh about this thread and on how we got burned (pun intended) on green firewood... we had one campground deliver us fire wood (big mistake) which I swear was pulled out from the local pond, it didn't even light up! all it did was foam! :B

Mike
I know what you're saying, we bought overpriced wood at a local National Park, we used one of those fire starter logs to start the fire, the fire starter (which burned very well),burned for nearly 3 hours, the wood never did completely burn.
The NP Service should be jailed for false advertising, for listing that******as "Fire Wood".
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Were at a point where we will buy it at the campground, local grocery store or from one of the locals in the area... as long as it looks DRY!

I can't help but laugh about this thread and on how we got burned (pun intended) on green firewood... we had one campground deliver us fire wood (big mistake) which I swear was pulled out from the local pond, it didn't even light up! all it did was foam! :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
n7bsn wrote:
If it's "fire-wood", buy local, most states and provinces have some sort of restrictions about moving wood.

I usually burn cut-offs from our shop or use "Tacoma" or other brand logs with no wax binder.
That's exactly what I want to do, in Shenandoah NP in VA., they want you to bring wood from no more than 30 miles away, I know where to buy it here, but it's a little more than 30 miles from Two Medicine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now that I see where you are headed, let me say I empathize. I bought some of their firewood on our last trip. I created enough smoke to set off my household smoke alarms 80 miles away.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
n7bsn wrote:
If it's "fire-wood", buy local, most states and provinces have some sort of restrictions about moving wood.

I usually burn cut-offs from our shop or use "Tacoma" or other brand logs with no wax binder.
That's exactly what I want to do, in Shenandoah NP in VA., they want you to bring wood from no more than 30 miles away, I know where to buy it here, but it's a little more than 30 miles from Two Medicine. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Had a group site out of Moab a couple of years ago and arranged to have 1/2 cord delivered before I left home. Come the 1st day the guy showed up with wood, worked out great. Looked up the local classified and called, easy to work out.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
States are getting really picky about importing untreated wood from out of state. Here in Ohio, we're trying to deal with the Elm bark Beetle. Its destroying many beautiful old Elm trees. Better to use treated wood cutoffs.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Shot-N-Az wrote:
Look on Craigslist. I have found firewood that way.

DITTO.

I placed an ad on CRAIGSLIST several years ago before a trip to Lancaster, PA. Ended up with a truck load of slab wood for $10.00 from a cabinet maker who milled his own lumber. He used the left over slabs to heat the shop, but the pile had grown too big and he was afraid he was going to lose it to rot. Late May, 50 daylight, 30ish at night, we burned a lot of wood!!! Still left some for the girl scouts who were moving in when we left.

Just remember, there are a lot of "free firewood" ads on craigslist---many are trying to get you to cut down their tree for them, because they don't want to pay the several hundred dollars that tree removal cost.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot, you might be able to buy a whole bundle of building construction wood for $6.00. It's clean wood, not bug infested and state DNR's won't complain about that, since it's processed lumber. It's worth a shot!

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Look on Craigslist. I have found firewood that way.