Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long term near Charlotte NC

KarenAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
I'm relocating to the Charlotte area and I'm looking for a long term option. Either a site with cable and wifi or a camping cabin. Any suggestions other then KOA?

Thanks in advance...

KarenAnn
Jersey Tomatas
Not all who wander are lost... Tolkein[COLOR=]
17 REPLIES 17

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I work in uptown Charlotte. It's not the gunshots I would worry too much about. Get out after dark and ride around that area.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Never heard of Elmore, but after seeing its location, it's not a part of Charlotte I would want to be in. Just my opinion. I would opt for something outside the city.

That's what everyone says. But we never heard any gunshots. Oh well, maybe once.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of Elmore, but after seeing its location, it's not a part of Charlotte I would want to be in. Just my opinion. I would opt for something outside the city.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

schrecker96
Explorer
Explorer
I think the CG on 160 is long gone. Been here for about 14 years and have not seen or heard of it.
2010 Jayco Eagle 313RKS

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I would not stay at the KOA in Fort Mill or the Carowinds campgrounds. Sadly, both are really convenient to Charlotte but not very desirable.
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Elmore RV Park on the north side of Charlotte. It's a mix of RV's and old MH's. Mostly older residents and you get to hear Mexican music every Sunday afternoon. LOL

We arrived in Jan and left exactly a month ago. We liked it mainly because it was cheap. $400 plus electric, but the first $100 is applied towards the electric bill.

We also had our own mailbox and USPS as well as UPS/FedX would deliver right to our door. Plus we could get Papa John's delivered quickly. Other stores, including a new IKEA were also close by.

I felt safe while DH was at work and we'd frequently leave the cats in the RV and take long weekends to visit our kids in north GA.

We also drove down to the KOA in Fort Mill, SC to check it out. The only advantage to it was I could have walked to the Publix right next door if I needed something. But it was the same distance to DH's jobsite in Indian Trail.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Check out River Valley. They have a campground out front and then they have a gate back to the long term lease section. You might like it as it is quiet and on the river that goes through that area.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of campgrounds just across the border in SC. One is on Gold Hill Rd. just off of I-77. I don't know about amenities except they have a pool. There is another campground on Hwy. 160 between Charlotte and Rock Hill, SC. I don't know anything about that one other than they do have some long term campers. Both are an easy commute to Charlotte. I lived about three miles from the campground on Gold Hill Rd. for 25 years and my dad stayed at that campground when he came to visit. I haven't been in the area for over ten years so I am going from memory which seems to get worse with age. :W
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted my original reply..... Didn't understand that the OP wasn't the one in Cherokee.
Cherokee is no closer to Charlotte than her original location of Raleigh.
Gary

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Up at lake Norman you can try crosswinds or wildlife woods. Wildlife woods would probably be better for long term. That's what it look most like last time I drove through there. Not sure on wifi. You might look over towards concord near the race track. There are some mom and pop places over there. Once again, not sure on wifi unless you are at a KOA or some place like lake Norman motor coach resort.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
NCWriter wrote:
Mfar1234 wrote:
I'm in Cherokee now...staying at "Happy Holiday RV Park" ..great long term rates that INCLUDE electric

I'm Happy here --- nice park, great staff, well maintained!!

....but Cherokee is 167 miles from Charlotte....:?

Bit of a commute huh.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Mfar1234 wrote:
I'm in Cherokee now...staying at "Happy Holiday RV Park" ..great long term rates that INCLUDE electric

....but Cherokee is 167 miles from Charlotte....:?

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer

:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie