cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for CG in Georgia

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a nice, big rig friendly CG in Georgia anywhere in the area from the Gainesville, Lavonia, or Taccoa area.

We are flexible, as we want to leave the coach in lower elevations and take the toad up into the mountains to look at different Rv lots.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We prefer not to have to drive on narrow, steep and winding mountain roads in the MH for this trip since we're going to be a lot of different places.
11 REPLIES 11

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cross the Tugaloo river at state line on I-85, first exit and signs to Lake Hartwell SP (South Carolina) there is a couple of COE parks in Georgia on the same river. Payne's Creek (CRS got me and can't recall the second) Also Tugaloo SP Georgia and Hart SP in Hartwell.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

N4VNI
Explorer
Explorer
Victoria Bryant's in Franklin Springs, Best kept secret in Georgia
2004 Prowler Regal 285RKS
2000 Cheverlot K-2500 4WD, Line-X liner
Prodigy brake control
Reese 15K hitch
1 wife (my best friend)
3 granddaughter's!!!!!
1 dog (lab)(my 2nd best friend)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
jaycocamprs wrote:

Have you been to the one in Gray GA? It was the largest Ace in Georgia.

Yup. Like the one in Blairsville best though.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
About a mile down the road on your right is my favorite Ace Hardware in the country. They have everything including grills, woodstoves and clothing. Great place to just wander and wish.

Have you been to the one in Gray GA? It was the largest Ace in Georgia.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Big_Wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Unicoi Springs Camp Resort in Helen, Ga. is wonderful.They have a beautiful little church right in the campground.A very large and nice clubhouse with rocking chairs on the porch.The Unicoi State Park and Anna Ruby Falls is very close by the campground.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
We love Trackrock Campground, between Blairsville and Young Harris, about 6 miles off US 515/76(mostly 4-lane, BTW.) Trackrock is a very nice private campground with lots of FHU campsites that can handle the biggest RVs. Very clean, wooded, quiet. We've been going up there for years. I realize that this is outside the parameters that the OP gave, but seriously, Trackrock is well worth the time to get there and would make a great home base from which to explore.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

MegaJohn
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer state and COE parks and have visited quite a few in the area.

Lake Lanier is south of Gainsville and has several COE parks... which offer a really nice discount (50%) to senior pass holders (if you qualify).

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Unicoi (Helen, GA) & Vogel (Blairsville, GA) State Parks. Both are really nice. There are several private parks in the area also.

I don't think you would like driving the MH up to the Amicalola Falls SP campground... it's a bit steap and the sites are small. The park is great and worth the trip... just not in the MH.

Enjoy your stay in our great state... We're traveling to yours this week. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy Camping!
John.
Stock 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 MegaCab, 5.9L Cummins, Automatic, 2WD, Dually
- 30' 2006 Pilgrim Interntional travel trailer, dry weight ~7k pounds, GVWR ~9k pounds
- Husky weight distributing hitch, friction anti-sway control, electronic brake controller

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retired JSO wrote:
We are currently at Mountain View RV resort in Blairsville, GA. We have stayed here several times. This is an improved Resort, selling lots but as with many, rent sites by the day to keep some income coming in. They have a 2 day Passport America rate, then their regular rate. Located on 100 acres with concrete and paver sites available. All with 50 amp service and a pretty good WiFi.

Mountain View Web Page

Although it's out of the boundaries requested by the OP, this is an excellent little cg. The views are nice from nearly every spot. We like Blairsville, GA in general. It's a great town with everything you could ever need. We've cogitated about moving there.

Retired JSO, while you're there, head down the Blue Ridge Hwy (turn right at the entrance to the cg) and head in the direction of Blairsville. About a mile down the road on your right is my favorite Ace Hardware in the country. They have everything including grills, woodstoves and clothing. Great place to just wander and wish.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently at Mountain View RV resort in Blairsville, GA. We have stayed here several times. This is an improved Resort, selling lots but as with many, rent sites by the day to keep some income coming in. They have a 2 day Passport America rate, then their regular rate. Located on 100 acres with concrete and paver sites available. All with 50 amp service and a pretty good WiFi.

Mountain View Web Page

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
You've provided quite a wide area there.
Fairly central to those areas is Cleveland, GA
Here are few cgs that will meet your specs
Yonah Campground
Unicoi Springs RV Resort

For reviews of parks near Clarksville, GA area (another central locale to your parameters) here is the RV Park Reviews for that area
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Georgia/Clarkesville.html

Magnus

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
River Vista RV Resort in Dillard is your spot! Nice long pull thrus. Check out the site HERE.
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA