cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mackinaw City, MI

Looking to take a short trip to Mackinaw City so we can visit the Island... Does anyone have any good tips on campgrounds in the area that are big rig friendly >?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
19 REPLIES 19

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Cheboygan State Park is a short drive to the ferry as well. It's a tiny park, very rustic setting but they do have some sites with 15 amp service. Many sites are on the water, Duncan Bay, it is shallow and warm. Edit just read your signature, 38 foot + truck would be hard to drive around in Cheboygan SP. It's more a tent and small trailer CG. Like the other poster suggested, Wilderness is a proper RV park, even has full hookups at some sites.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
If you prefer a more natural setting, try Wilderness state park. It's only 20 minutes from the ferry and is a beautiful park.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Second Mackinaw Mill Creek.
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground just outside Mackinaw City last May. Our space was right on the water with a view of the bridge. Nice campground, but when we were there, clouds of Mayflies were flying around. We thought they were mosquitoes when we got there, so we were pretty relieved when we found out they don't bite.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Have you searched RVParkreviews.com for places in the area? You might include St. Ignace also, its over the bridge in the U.P but close to town and a ferry terminal. What time of year are you planning on going? Better check to see when the ferries start running again.