cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mauder Minimum and Rockport

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
The Daily Mail UK, yesterday published an article written about the frequency of Sunspots. They show a graph of sunspot frequency over the last several hundred years and it is very graphic in showing the 11 year cycle that impacts the amount of radiation, heat and temperature of the globe. No new news there but...They further describe wave motions within the sun that accentuate the sun spot depletion much further resulting in the Maunder Minimum a 40 year mini ice age that occurred 400 years ago. Using very straightforward frequency analysis they have predicted a recurrence of this ice age starting in 2020.
Winter Texans need to start planning for this ice age in getting long term RV park reservations. Walmart and Heb in Rockport need to start expansion for additional Handicap parking and Isle space to stand. I will predict in writing that do to the cold temperature our winter Texan Population will triple by 2020.
9 REPLIES 9

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
traveylin wrote:
The Daily Mail UK, yesterday published an article written about the frequency of Sunspots. They show a graph of sunspot frequency over the last several hundred years and it is very graphic in showing the 11 year cycle that impacts the amount of radiation, heat and temperature of the globe. No new news there but...They further describe wave motions within the sun that accentuate the sun spot depletion much further resulting in the Maunder Minimum a 40 year mini ice age that occurred 400 years ago. Using very straightforward frequency analysis they have predicted a recurrence of this ice age starting in 2020.
Winter Texans need to start planning for this ice age in getting long term RV park reservations. Walmart and Heb in Rockport need to start expansion for additional Handicap parking and Isle space to stand. I will predict in writing that do to the cold temperature our winter Texan Population will triple by 2020.

We have a lot more CO2 in the atmosphere since the last one 400 years ago, so if it does occur that may neutralize it. Besides you will have to go further south into Mexico for warm weather.

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
Sure glad I have my reservations made for the next 5 years in the Hill Country. ๐Ÿ˜‰
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it was our first 4th. of July and man was it packed! Every RV site, cottage, hotel room were booked! The stores were super packed and traffic was unreal! The police, fire, and EMS could barely keep up with calls. We stayed in our RV park and relaxed by the pool and BQ grill!

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Fourth of July weekend was very crowded. Took 45 minutes to go from Cove Harbor to Airport on Saturday.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Rockport is pretty full already and we hear most winter texan RV parks are full and/or filling up fast for the coming year! We should enjoy the next couple of months!
:S
Uh.....no, Rockport isn't "pretty full already......"

Come on down neighbor!

Plenty of room in Rockport/Fulton, Texas!

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Rockport is pretty full already and we hear most winter texan RV parks are full and/or filling up fast for the coming year! We should enjoy the next couple of months!

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Time to raise gas prices...NOW!.....:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, we were only 102 in Tucson yesterday. I had ice cubes form on my pool last night. Or it could have been one of my guests spilling their drink.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)