cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mesa,Az RV Park

Hamnet
Explorer
Explorer
I have been searching for RV park in Mesa area. I haven't really seen any with great reviews. A lot of comments of parks being mostly park models with some RV spread out inside the park models. We have 40 5th wheel, want to stay about 2-3 weeks to look around for a possible home to relocate.
Desert Vista RV Resort seems to have the better reviews and comments. Any suggestions would help me on looking into the parks. We plan to visit August 2019. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Monte Vista RV park is building a new RV park opening late summer or early fall. For years they've put RV's in unsold park model spots. They're now building an RV park adjacent to the park model area. Something to look at when they open as the park model area is very nice and clean so I'd assume the RV park will be very good.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Your route will work, but certainly won't be any quicker than driving through San Bernardino. Frankly, I much prefer driving through the LA area than the Phoenix area.

Hamnet
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for replies. Ya,we may be crazy. I know it gets hot, we'll see. May put off a month or two. On another note. When planning trip to Utah and then to Oregon/Washington/Canada these responses were very helpful in trip planning.
So, from Sacramento I plan to take I5 south to Wasco, then 46 to Hwy 99.South to Bakersfield, then 58 toBarstow, then Hwy 40 through Needles to Kingman. Then Hwy 93 South into Mesa area.
Don't really want to travel South from Sacramento to Hwy 10 through San Bernardino. To busy.
Any other suggestions. Thank you.

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Coming to Mesa...in August?? In a 40ft 5th wheel? You are a glutton for punishment!! LOL And I live here!! So yes, I do know quite well what it is like.
Hope you have one, or even better...Two...good air conditioners.
You will need them both, 24/7.

Plenty of RV parks to choose from in Mesa. And yes, most will be a mix of park model and RV. It's just the way it is here. Keep in mind that almost all are also "over 55" restricted.

Check out The Resort. Or Valle Del Oro. Or Monte Vista.
All 3 are very nice parks. Nice amenities. Close to anything and everything you could want or need. Easy highway 60 access.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Gilbert, next door to Mesa -- I worked in the park model business for many years & was in all the RV Parks in this area -- Gold Canyon is way East of Mesa -- Nice parks there but a long way out -- This time of year, most any park in Mesa would serve your purpose -- All the Snow Birds are long gone & the parks are mostly empty -- A lot of them are Passport America parks, so half price -- August? -- You do know it`s gonna be at least 115 don`t you -- Bill Willard

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Canyon Vista RV Resort, Gold Canyon just east of Mesa, best park and best view. Our winter park for several years.
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab