cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missouri Campground suggestions west of St Louis along I70?

Anaj06
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any suggestions along I70 in Missouri. We would like to stay an hour or so west of St Louis. We have 3 young children and a 24 ft travel trailer. Thanks for any recommendations!
12 REPLIES 12

Ramp_Digger
Explorer
Explorer
caver wrote:
I've also used Cottonwoods at Columbia for an overnighter.
x2 on cottonwoods stayed there 3 or 4 nights while visitig family near by.
05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

Anaj06
Explorer
Explorer
We went with Kan Do! Thanks for all the help!

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I agree on Arrow Rock. Decent campground with water and electric hookups.The town of Arrow Rock is a state historic site and was once a steamboat port on the Missouri River but the river changed course and now it's high and dry.But many original buildings remain and are open to the public.

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy Days, Kan-Do, and Graham Cave SP are all at the same exit (170) on I-70.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

Oakman
Explorer
Explorer
As previously stated Kan-Do and Lazy Day would be my choice.

Cottonwoods in Columbia is clean but the sites are very close together and much farther than an hour drive from St. Louis.

Not yet mentioned, and probably for good reason, is Jonesburg Gardens Campground in Jonesburg, MO. It has really gone downhill for a number of years and the last time I drove through there it looked like mostly permanent trailers.
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
Rand McNally 5510 GPS

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I've also used Cottonwoods at Columbia for an overnighter.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy Days is a very nice campground and the rate are reasonable.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Anaj06
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback! Researching those now.

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Anaj06 wrote:
...We would like to stay an hour or so west of St Louis...
Kan-Do and Lazy Day campgrounds are in Danville about 60 miles west of St. Louis. Graham Cave State park is a little farther West. Any of the three would likely be fine for you for an overnight.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
About an hour out of St L is Graham Cave State Park. It's a nice park, as is all Missouri State Parks. Not much to write home about, but nice for a stop over. It's been a while since we've been there so I can't give a proper review. About 2 1/2 hours out is Arrow Rock State Historic Site/ State Park, which I highly recommend. Very unique as that it is in walking distance (1/2 mile) from the historic town of Arrow Rock. Well worth seeing for young and old alike. Start of the Santa Fe Trail, home of George Caleb Bingham, famous painter, historic J. Huston Tavern, which dates back to 1834 and provides a dining experience in the oldest continuously operating restaurant west of the Mississippi River.
But it is further than you wished. But still worth a visit.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kan do Kampground is near exit 170... It was a nice little campground several years ago. nicely laid out in a circle, etc. It's about a half mile off the interstate.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Cottonwoods RV Park in Columbia, MO a couple of times when heading west.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚