cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach and hurricane

Beachme
Explorer
Explorer
Who was going to Myrtle Beach this week coming up supposed to arrive on Saturday moved it up to Wednesday hope the hurricane is gone by then
23 REPLIES 23

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Have you watched the weather channel? minimum winds for all of Fl. is 125mph. If it doesn't blow away it will most likely be closed.

Myrtle Beach is in SC. Impact still unknown.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
If it hits with Category 5 force the destruction will be astonishing. 185 mph winds is an F3+ tornado territory.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
There are no hurricane forecasts for points that far north. They won't know for about another 24 hours.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Beachme wrote:
Who was going to Myrtle Beach this week coming up supposed to arrive on Saturday moved it up to Wednesday hope the hurricane is gone by then

The hurricane might be gone by then. But the clean up will not.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Heading near there the end of the month so while not exactly going to be there when she shows up but needless to say the weather is going to be wet and windy when it does pass by. I hope things aren't too bad. I have friends and family in FL too. Friend is evacuating to Orlando area and not sure about family as yet.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Prayers aren't going to help I don't think at least. Being pro-active and getting out is.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations for 9/16 for a week. Too early to tell which direction it's going to go. Might have to change plans -- might not. But it's inconsequential whether I get to go -- the people who don't have a choice and live in the path really need our prayers and resources. God bless them.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Blow all the trash and litter into the Gulf.... Myrtle Beach could be murder beach of you aren't careful.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Swell1
Explorer
Explorer
Have you watched the weather channel? minimum winds for all of Fl. is 125mph. If it doesn't blow away it will most likely be closed.
2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package