cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach during Christmas

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
I know it will certainly depend on the weather but for those that frequent MB around Christmas do you find it more often than not good weather to hang out outside, walk or sit on the beach without being wrapped up in heavy jackets. Besides eating at restaurants what else is open that time of year. We always go during Spring Break and summer vacations. We would be going to Ocean Lakes if we go. tks
17 REPLIES 17

ljpel
Explorer
Explorer
We go to OL several times through the winter months. Just be aware that in January many of the stores at Broadway and I would assume Barefoot close early, and the putt-putt courses are mostly closed. And the Sandy Meet N' Eat was closed at least part of January for yearly maintenance.

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Cecilt wrote:
Already got my golf cart heater and just need to order the clear cover. Tks

You need a solid color cover to cover them colors on that golf cart....I'll send you an "ORANGE" one....heheh

I hear ya. Burnt orange with maroon would be perfect. ๐Ÿ™‚

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Cecilt wrote:
Already got my golf cart heater and just need to order the clear cover. Tks

You need a solid color cover to cover them colors on that golf cart....I'll send you an "ORANGE" one....heheh
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
I always stay in the 2000 section. The dunes are low enough to see the ocean from your site. The ocean front sites are always the first to get booked. All sites are pull thru and situated that you can still enjoy the view in part several sites back. On average, there are several hundred RV's there, especially for the New Years. The polar bear plunge is getting very popular. Sandy's meet and eat is still open for pizza, etc. The store is still stocked enough and a great squeaky clean laundry facility. I have always walked the beach past Lakewood and Pirateland which were ghost towns in comparison.

BTW, there are miles and miles of roads to explore with your golf cart. The store, huge arcade and recreation center and shopping center are quite the distance from 2000 section. We always enjoyed using the golf cart. Its not crazy like during the summer. Don't forget to treat security to a treat on Christmas and New Years day. They appreciate it. You will have a great time.
Full timing it since July 2012

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
weathershak wrote:

Many great years there. Sometimes out in shorts and tees, sometimes watching the snow fall. Still worth it.

Looks awesome. How much of the campsites are usually booked during the week between Christmas and New Years. I would think HH, H and I might get pretty full but what about 2000 and 3000 sections. I prefer things going on vs a ghost town setting. Already got my golf cart heater and just need to order the clear cover. Tks

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer

Many great years there. Sometimes out in shorts and tees, sometimes watching the snow fall. Still worth it.
Full timing it since July 2012

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Seafood restaurants always open in Calabash NC, "seafood capital of the World", an easy drive, just across the border!!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
And be aware that most of the seafood restaruants will probably be closed during that time.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
Really it is a******shoot. Most often it is warm enough to just wear sweat shirts. There is still a lot to do, with the shows, And going to Broadway, and Barefoot.
That time of year is one of our fav times.

So true.......

At Ocean Lakes many of the campers decorate their sites...... very festive ๐Ÿ™‚

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Its forecasted to be another cold weather

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the scoop on MB weather by month, over the last 30 years.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Really it is a******shoot. Most often it is warm enough to just wear sweat shirts.

I live about 30 miles from there. The above statement is about as accurate as you can get.

I've been snowed in, and in shorts, and everything in between.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we stayed at Huntington Beach State Park over Christmas.The day we got there it was 80! But the rest of the week was in the low 60's.We enjoyed it.

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
Christmas is a great time to be in MB! Less people but the ones that are there are very friendly. The shows will put you in the spirit and the festive atmosphere and decorations at Barefoot and Broadway will keep you there. Calvin Gilmore has something special lined up for their Christmas Show at the Carolina Opry which he isn't sharing yet. Christmas in Myrtle Beach is totally different from visiting at any other time of year. We had Christmas Dinner at a Chinese restaurant one Christmas Day and that was quite memorable.
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes