cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach Travel Park or Cape Charles Chesapeake Bay KOA

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to see if anyone has been to these parks and how they are? We have a fifth wheel. Looking to book a mid summer get away and time is ticking for places like these.

Thanks!
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH
6 REPLIES 6

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Bucky.Kiptopeke State park has full hookups and a short walk to the beach. Near Myrtle Beach is Huntington State Park. That also has some full hookups,the rest water and electric. You're close to the beach. They have a great nature program and nice store. The sites are nicely separated.Some wooded ,some open.You're just south of Murrel's Inlet where there are some nice restaurants. The home of the Huntington's is within walking distance and open for tours.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
The Cape Charles Chesapeake Bay KOA is a great beachfront resort to stay at. We stayed there late last summer for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. Sites are a good size and fairly level. The beach is nice, plenty of water toys for rent like paddle boards and jetskis, at reasonable rates, and the beachfront bar and grill, with live music, is enjoyable and a bit too darn convenient.
Book early, this place is popular and fills up fast.
2010 Suncruiser

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kiptopeke State Park is FHUs. You will find the sites at CC KOA are narrow and short.
When the new owners raped the original Sunset property they priced themselves out of the market. They then joined the KOA tribe and corrected that for the most part.
Puma 30RKSS

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
Cherry Stone is a nice resort campground as well.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I have never stayed in either because I can't stand Myrtle Beach. There are just way too many people there for me. I think the ocean is dirty-looking, still gray and not pretty. I would much rather travel 100 miles further south to get on the ocean - Hunting Island, Jekyll Island or even Folly Beach outside of Charleston.

I did drive through the Chesapeake KOA a couple of summers ago and I would go there and stay. Cape Charles is much smaller and has a nice, old-timey vibe. The campground is on the Chesapeake Bay, not on the Atlantic Ocean.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

AJS211 wrote:
Looking to see if anyone has been to these parks and how they are? We have a fifth wheel. Looking to book a mid summer get away and time is ticking for places like these.

Thanks!

We have been staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park for almost 30 years now... There are a few years that we miss it, but usually get in there MOST years..

We travel in a 41' fifth wheel, and really like the campground.. It is what WE are used to ... There are a lot of other campgrounds in Myrtle Beach that are just as nice, or nicer ( in some eyes) but we are used to it.

I have never stayed at Cape Charles Chesapeake Bay KOA so I can not comment.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet