cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help finding our ideal campground

jim1521
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping that some of you out there have come across this "campground of our dreams".

We live in Florida (on the Gulf coast), in a place that many people would consider a tropical paradise. Beaches, beautiful gulf waters, great weather, fantastic boating and fishing. Wife and I have tried many campgrounds in and around Florida. While they're wonderful for people from up north who come down for a vacation, or to get out of the cold, to us they don't match up to what we already have in our own backyard. We're searching the Internet until our eyes hurt. Here's what we're looking for:

1. In the mountains of GA, SC, NC, AL, TN on a nice big lake. Basically a long one-day drive towing the boat (~500 miles from Ft. Myers, FL). I'll tow the trailer first then go back and get the boat. Looking to stay May - September/October.
2. Has a boat ramp or wet slip on site. (24' boat)
3. Lake is big enough that we can go 20+ miles around it.
4. Full hookups with great Internet/wifi and cell phone coverage (I need this for work).
5. Large sites that aren't crammed all together.
6. Grocery stores/shopping in close proximity (< 10 miles from campground)

I'm not looking for (or expecting) cheap; I know this will be expensive, but this is what we're hoping to find. With all the travel that you all have done, do any of you have a place that fits this? Please let me know. Thanks!
15 REPLIES 15

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bluewater Resort
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board