cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New florida hangout

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
Dw and I have been staying in Bushnell Florida but might be looking for a change. Just watched a video of Winter Garden and that looks pretty interesting and not as costly as places we've been staying. So anyone have any suggestions? We don't need the ocean and I don't play golf any more. Flea markets would be a plus!
8 REPLIES 8

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
LindaD wrote:
Winter Garden is nice,plenty of shopping,etc. Downtown Winter Garden has a small town feel with restaurants and shops.You may wish to take a drive to Mount Dora a pretty little town and Renningers which is an antique mart in Mount Dora. Wekiwa Springs State Park is nearby in Apopka, worth a visit. Of course Disney is about a 30 minute ride. We have stayed in Winter Garden/Orlando RV Resort. Park is adequate for our short term needs while visiting area but for longer stay I would suggest trying to get a site towards the back of the park. The park is on a main thoroughfare (Highway 50-Colonial Drive) and can be somewhat noisy with traffic, ambulances, etc.

Lizzie at Robin Michelle salon in Winter Garden has colored my wife's hair beautifully. We actually try and stave off hair colorings through the year so she can go there.

https://www.facebook.com/Hairfullofhart/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
Winter Garden is nice,plenty of shopping,etc. Downtown Winter Garden has a small town feel with restaurants and shops.You may wish to take a drive to Mount Dora a pretty little town and Renningers which is an antique mart in Mount Dora. Wekiwa Springs State Park is nearby in Apopka, worth a visit. Of course Disney is about a 30 minute ride. We have stayed in Winter Garden/Orlando RV Resort. Park is adequate for our short term needs while visiting area but for longer stay I would suggest trying to get a site towards the back of the park. The park is on a main thoroughfare (Highway 50-Colonial Drive) and can be somewhat noisy with traffic, ambulances, etc.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Rock Crusher the week before Southern Oaks. It was very nice, but there are 2 different areas, one wooded, shady and quite and the other open and full sun. Study the park layout on their website. The shady area is to the right of the main road in. Lots of seasonals there, mostly from Michigan.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
blknomad wrote:
Dw and I have been staying in Bushnell Florida but might be looking for a change. Just watched a video of Winter Garden and that looks pretty interesting and not as costly as places we've been staying. So anyone have any suggestions? We don't need the ocean and I don't play golf any more. Flea markets would be a plus!

I stayed in Busnell one season and you really are in the middle of nowhere for things to do.

Check out Crystal River and Dunnellon. Crystal River will offer you everything you like and then some with the Manatees! Not to mention the drop dead beautiful blue Rainbow Springs and the Crystal River.

Both places have a full small town for your needs and flea markets, crafts fairs, art fairs and farmers markets.

This area is the best kept secret of Florida, so shhhh don't tell anyone! :B

Albiet I have never stayed there forum members always recommend Rock Crusher in Crystal River. If that is full up jus google the town there are a plethora of smaller CG's that always have openings.

Come on down you won't regret it!

I just found this area and liked it so much I bought a winter house here! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped at a place in Summerfield, just north of The Villages. Southern Oaks RV Resort. Camping World right next door. Massive flea market a couple of miles up Rt 441 called the Market of Marion. Open Fri, Sat and Sun
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nothing fancy put my favorite place in Winter Garden is Stage Stop.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a reservation for Winter Garden RV Resort but it isn't for another week or two. It looks like it's a mobile home park with RV spots interspersed.

For me, I like moving periodically and am really digging the Trails Collection program of Thousand Trails. We've been able to bounce around Florida since mid-December until April on it and are paying minimal fees. It's been less than $1,000 but would have been cheaper had it not been for an expensive stay to be near friends for 2 weeks in January.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I am following your post as we are going to be full timing soon. We have reservations for Florida State Parks fo the summer already booked. We don't play golf and the ocean isn't a major factor where we stay. We have looked at Paradise Oaks in Bushnell for a change from State Parks, but aren't that interested in RV parks so to speak.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992