cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Orleans Campground Suggestions

Big_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to hear suggestions on which campground you like in New Orleans and why you liked it.

If you wish to e-mail your reply: kshoe08070@gmail.com

Thinking about stopping by there the last week in August.

I know, it's going to be hot.

Thanks in advance.

Just Me & the Boss !

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab Single Axle
2015 Rockwood FW 8289ws

BIG SHOE:R
8 REPLIES 8

Big_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies.

Just Me & the Boss !

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab Single Axle
2015 Rockwood FW 8289ws

BIG SHOE:R

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Ponchatrain Landing. It is a nice safe place with a view but can be dusty. It is very nicely landscaped and has good transportation to the Quarter.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
X3 on Bayou Signette State Park. Very surprising how nice it is in there.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed here many times http://www.pontchartrainlanding.com/ it's right on the river they have a shuttle to downtown New Orleans we usually tip the driver it is very nice

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to the area the first week of June and staying across the lake at Fairview Riverside State Park. Nice park but it is a few miles from the downtown area.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

2X on Bayou Signette State Park. Nice, clean, safe and secure pla ce to stay. We drive over and catch the free ferry into NO. You will have to pay for parking but will have to do the same on NO.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at the KOA east, slidell, and KOA west which was handy to take the trolley into down town. IIRC they also ran a shuttle for a low cost.
bumpy

Wadcutter
Nomad
Nomad
We have stayed at KOA West, KOA East (Slidell), Pine Crest (Slidell), Fairview Riverside State Park (Madisonville), Fountainbleu State Park (Mandeville), and Bayou Signette State Park (Westwego). We've stayed at each of these twice except for Fairview Riverside and Bayou Signette where we've stayed numerous times. We are in NOLA at least twice a year.
We've been staying at Bayou Signette the last few years and will continue to do so. There are plenty of space between sites, the restrooms are well maintained and always clean, it's quiet, and reasonably close to the city with quick easy access. Fee varies from $20-$28 depending on the season. Water and electric at every site. Free WiFi thru-out the park. All sites are paved with picnic table.
Camped in every state