cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Plans due to WA State Wildfire - now where?

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had originally planned to stay in Lake Wenatchee at Leavenworth, having to change the routing to Highway 90 to I-5, had been hoping for a for scenic route for the trip to Concrete WA for a wedding.

We have reservations for the Grandy Creek KOA in Concrete, WA.

Need a campground/RV Park between Issaquah and Everett ...yes, we have canceled our Lake Wenatchee State Park RSVP ..

Checked out RVPARKREVIEWS and the posts are either old or discouraging to stay in Issaquah or Everett area as a stopover.

Yes it is only a 308 mile trip from Richland to Concrete, WA, but would like to take a more leisurely trip than normally have done in the past.

So any information on rv parks between Issaquah and Everett would be fantastic.

Here we are sr citizens with original plans dashed.
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)
10 REPLIES 10

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
This one looks like it might work for you. Never been there though.

http://www.harbourpointervpark.com/home.html

ETA: we have stayed at the Grandy Creek KOA campground twice and enjoyed it both times. Take a trip up to Baker Lake if you have time. Good fishing.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

Fuzzy_Bear
Explorer
Explorer
Coming west on I-90 you're most likely seeing that you need to take I-405 north to Bothell. With the highway repair on I-90 west of the I-405 interchange they are predicting backups up to 10 miles. There are ways to avoid it and have a nice scenic drive. Check the traffic and if the backups are bad, get off I-90 at North Bend. Take Hwy 203 through Snoqualmie, to Hwy 202 in Fall City. Hwy 202 to Redmond to Hwy 520 west, to I-405 north. I would normally suggest 203 to Duvall but there is construction on Woodinville Duvall Rd and the lanes are extremely narrow. Enjoy your visit to the area.

Doug
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4 6spd auto.

2007 Lance 1191

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is really a shame that people do not post more info on rv park reviews and do it more often .. it is a good tool.

Thank you for the Lake Pleasant RV Park suggestion, just want to have a leisurely drive to Concrete for the grandson's wedding. First time there, and looking forward to seeing a new area of Washington State.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
RoadXYZ wrote:
I asked : "So any information on rv parks between Issaquah and Everett would be fantastic"

sorry, got caught up in someone here actually going to Concrete.:S

Lake Pleasant RV park in Bothell, which is always highly recommended for the Seattle area, is about halfway between both towns.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
I asked : "So any information on rv parks between Issaquah and Everett would be fantastic"

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
have a good time, the DW is from Concrete and her whole family used to live there.

Raser is a nice place and right on the Skagit River.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Grandy creek is open.. way west of the fires.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
If your traveling i90 this week check www.wsdot.wa.gov. I90 is one lane at Bellevue.

You have a couple if good state parks going north of Seattle check deception pass or camano island
Winnebago Access 24V

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Go south, young man. Nothin' burnin' (yet) on Wa. hwy. 12.

We're headed up there tomorrow for fishing at Leech Lake. All clear so far from I-5 to points east!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you can get a reservation, Rasar state CG is spectacular and only a few miles west of Concrete on HWY 20. If not there then Sportsmans CG looks OK but we're never stayed there.
There's also a nicely kept Thousand Trails/KOA in the same vicinity of Rasar that looks pretty nice and has great amenities for kids.

If you want to be further away between Issaquah and Everett then about the best place in the area is Lake Pleasant RV resort in Bothell Wa. It's a very nice quiet park in close proximity to stores and restaurants. (I live close by)