cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV Park in Key Largo, Fl.

Capt_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
Just opened today in Key Largo, Fl. Very nice, brand new on Florida Bay in Key Largo. This was badly needed. It's the nicest in the upper keys!
http://pointofviewrvresort.com/
Capt. Rick and JoAnn
Key Largo, Florida
19 REPLIES 19

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would visit this place. I would be paying the $65 rate--or $390 per week. the higher winter/spring rates is when I can't go ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like a very nice park.

website is nice but REAL good pics of the actual rv sites would be nice. the few show rigs but really don't show the sites in a good way. add some in and it would give a nice feeling of what you are getting.

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
This park opened last April, and has many reviews in RVparkreviews.com

Lou_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this park when we were staying at Pennekamp. Way to pricey for us. As others have said no shade at all, crushed gravel. Looks like a giant parking lot to me with pool, club house and a view - I wonder what kind of view you have from some of the back rows. We will stick with the State Parks as much as possible. This year we stayed a few days at the Fishing Lodge in BPK - this place has "character" and is fun.
Lou & Pat, '05 Forest River Lexington GTS 255 on Ford E450 Super Duty, no toad. Retired so: HAPPY BIKING & HIKING

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have next winter (4 months) already booked and paid for.

All you need is persistance and a fast finger!

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Capt_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
NanciL wrote:
That price is way high when you can go to Jolly Rogers, Knights Key or some of the others for less.
I'll stick to the beautiful state parks for less then half that price

Jack L
IF you can get in the State Parks, they are usually full.
Capt. Rick and JoAnn
Key Largo, Florida

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
That price is way high when you can go to Jolly Rogers, Knights Key or some of the others for less.
I'll stick to the beautiful state parks for less then half that price

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Capt_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
We are here right now! Great place, nice people, they will do well. Club house has game room with two new pool tables, swimming pool is right on Florida Bay, views are spectacular, this is the best in the upper keys! Also should be mentioned, easy in and out, just off of US 1.
Capt. Rick and JoAnn
Key Largo, Florida

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
We just toured it and booked for this time next year. The snorkeling should be pretty good from the piers once ladders are installed (as they promised) with 1000 ft of water frontage. The beach is for practical purposes not really a beach with 90% of it having large rocks between the sand and water with no sand to speak of in the water. We were told the roads will be paved and pads (pavers or cement?) completed at every site within a few months.

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Knight's Key Resort just before the 7 Mile Bridge in Marathon a couple of weeks ago and it was about $70/day. No sewer, but they have their own pumper for about $10. Free WiFi was excellent. Not much in the way of activities unless you like to fish. Their Tiki bar was fun. Nice people. Mile Marker 47.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

JimmyRV
Explorer
Explorer
PamfromVA wrote:
another website without a picture of an actual RV site........

Exactly, some of those keys RV parks are pretty crowded and packed in close together....
2016 Coachmen Prism 24G

khahuna
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad they cut the shade down. That stay was truely memorable ... beautiful sunsets. We took my mom and dad on a trip through the Keys and this was the second stop on the trip. Wife and mom would sit on lawn chairs in the water. We had one of the waterfront sites for 2 days. Not sure how it would be without the trees now, but I would stay there for at least one night even with the price just for the sunset.
Dave & Jan Bussard
2016 Jayco Designer 5th Wheel 39RE
2016 Ford F350 CC 4x4 DRW w/8 foot box
Chloe Anne - passed 10/05/2016
Izzy - gone 08/12/2013 but not forgotten

bobsinn
Explorer
Explorer
khahuna wrote:
Tell me if I'm wrong, but this looks like the old America Outdoors campground that closed several years ago because they were going to build condos on the site. If it is we paid about $90.00 per night including tax in April of 2003. No ... nothing is cheap in the Keys.

No, It is about 1.5 miles north of the old America Outdoors. On the bayside too.
2001 Itasca Sundancer 27P
2000 Honda Civic

Capt_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you are correct. They cut all the trees down, there is no shade at all, will be hot in the summer. They put a nice pool in overlooking Florida Bay. All in all they did a nice job, new buildings, pool, great view, nice sunset view, I think they will do well even though some people will think it's pricey until they see what the alterative's are.
Capt. Rick and JoAnn
Key Largo, Florida

khahuna
Explorer
Explorer
Tell me if I'm wrong, but this looks like the old America Outdoors campground that closed several years ago because they were going to build condos on the site. If it is we paid about $90.00 per night including tax in April of 2003. No ... nothing is cheap in the Keys.
Dave & Jan Bussard
2016 Jayco Designer 5th Wheel 39RE
2016 Ford F350 CC 4x4 DRW w/8 foot box
Chloe Anne - passed 10/05/2016
Izzy - gone 08/12/2013 but not forgotten