cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV park

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
...coming to Dandridge TN. A 500 site RV resort is in the process of being built in Jefferson County TN. It will be right off exit 412 on the south side of I-40 but far enough away from the highway to not be an issue with road noise. 412 is the same exit you use to go to Anchor Down. Site plan looks nice but I am not sure on how big the sites will be..
10 REPLIES 10

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
mkc wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
To close to Gatlinburgโ€”Pigeon Forge/Dollywood to fail or Asheville, NC

Plus Flatrock, which will be just over an hour from there. (Flatrock does plan some campsites, but certainly not 500)

Flatrock Motorsports Park coming to Westel, TN
that

Never saw anything about that development. Very cool. I bought my current trailer at the Boat-n-RV dealer that is at that exit. 60 miles from Knoxville so shouldn't have a problem drawing people there for races. Love it.

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:

Plus Flatrock, which will be just over an hour from there. (Flatrock does plan some campsites, but certainly not 500)

Flatrock Motorsports Park coming to Westel, TN
2017 LTV Unity

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"I'm surprised anyone's willing to spend (or lend) $18M on a huge RV park"

No, it won't last forever. But if the land value will continue to rise, the investor may have covered himself/herself.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I believe he will do well. It took Anchor Down like 2 seasons to get the word out and become popular. I watched it being built. Since then another park has been built just up the road east of Anchor Down and it is full also but they are long term leases. We have seen about 3 new parks built in the area but again, they ae long term lease parks. This new park will not have any long term leases, at least that is what they say now, but will have a 2 night minimum requirement.

The Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park had 14 million visitors last year, another record for attendance. The wife always thanks people she sees with out of state license plates and tells them 'thank you for visiting and keeping our property taxes low.'

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The RV boom could stop now and popular parks will be full for decades.
That is a great location.
Puma 30RKSS

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
How about this one?

https://www.highwaywestvacations.com/properties/flyingflagsavilabeach

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well said rlw999

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
...coming to Dandridge TN. A 500 site RV resort is in the process of being built in Jefferson County TN. It will be right off exit 412 on the south side of I-40 but far enough away from the highway to not be an issue with road noise. 412 is the same exit you use to go to Anchor Down. Site plan looks nice but I am not sure on how big the sites will be..

Here's a news article:

https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/new-18-million-rv-resort-coming-to-jefferson-county/

I'm surprised anyone's willing to spend (or lend) $18M on a huge RV park, this RV boom isn't going to last forever.

dedmiston
Moved from General RVing.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230