cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NICE, NEW RV Campground, Washington state, over border..

djackman
Explorer
Explorer
1/2 mile from Canada in the town of Oroville, WA.
On our way back from Alaska, we were driving on 97 South through Canada yesterday. Did not realize the towns of Vernon, Osoyoos, B.C. were so touristy to say the least. Would not have been able to find a place to stay up there if our life depended on it. So, crossed the border at Oroville, WA. Being exhausted after driving 13 hours and putting on 566 miles, we asked at the gas station over the border where the closest RV park was. He directed us to Bains' RV Park just down the road. Took a wrong turn and were greeted by the nice Border Patrolman after having to unhook our tow Jeep in order to turn around in their parking lot (he was just seeing if we were okay, LOL, right). Got ourselves turned around and made it to the park at 9:00 p.m., dark, raining, and we were exhausted. There is only one other Class C in this park besides us. On the side of the mountain, overlooking Osoyoos Lake. 24 sites, all LONG back ins. Full hookups, showers, laundry, fishing/boat dock nearby. Only one other class C in this park besides us. Fits my hubby and I to a tee. Only drawback, no shade, running our AC all day, but the place makes up for it, believe me.
3 REPLIES 3

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Good part of the state. And going south there is a nice place near Brewster right along the river. Don't miss the ice cream shop on right side just about out of town in Tonasket (next town south of you). Omak Wallmart is one of the better as for as Wallmarts go IMO.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is this the one?
Bain's RV Park

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice to know. Don't forget to review it here, too. RV Park Reviews It doesn't seem to have been reviewed yet.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8