cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norris Lake TN

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
I just wanted to give a pat on the back to the fine folks at Loyston Point Campground on Norris Lake in NE Tennessee. I just returned from my second trip there in the past 45 days and can't say enough nice things about it. homepage
This last trip was a solo trip (well, I did take the dog.)I knew they were there to keep an eye out for me, but gave me the space, peace and quiet I was looking for.

Not a "resort", but if you want a clean, well run campground on the cleanest lake in TN you need to check this out. This is a TVA property managed by Recreation Resources Management who know their stuff. I have also stayed at their property on Lake Guntersville in Alabama. Another quality campground. homepage

Loyston just recently started taking reservations which was a big plus for me. Previously, I had to pass on staying there because I couldn't chance a 5 hour drive for a first come-first serve facility. I had questions as to which site would suit my needs best, and a quick phone call to Gail helped me pick one.

The are making some improvements, like adding electricity to some of the waterfront sites that didn't have it. Hopefully they can find some money in the budget for more bath-houses. I can imagine in prime season the 2 they have are pretty busy. VERY clean though.

They do have long term sites but they are all very well maintained. So any concerns about a "housing development" are misplaced.

No dock, but it looks like there is no problem pulling a boat up on the shore. You just have to avoid the rocky spots. There is a very nice launch ramp adjacent to the campground as well as a beach area.
Several hiking trails nearby also.

Kuddos, Gail, Jeff and crew. I really appreciated your hospitality.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon
2 REPLIES 2

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Magnusfide. I am an avid Trip Advisor user and never thought about it.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the HT. Kindly put a review for Loyston at the Tripadvisor page for their locale. Here's the link
http://www.tripadvisor.com/MobileHotelSearch-g30124-Andersonville_Tennessee.html?cat=3

Quite a few RVers use TA to locate places to stay:w
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus