cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ohio turnpike overnight parking

harley_hitchike
Explorer
Explorer
some of the rest areas along ohio turnpike have rv parking with w/e for 20 dollars but web site says 40 ft. max length and you must leave 15ft. between units.so pulling 35ft. 5er can I unhook and park the truck along side or some place else or are these only usable by MH less than 40' or truck and trailer combinations less than 40'? Anyone have any experience at these sites.
8 REPLIES 8

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
The RV parking spots can easily accommodate a 40' RV but you'll have to unhook your towed vehicle or tow vehicle and park it outside the guard rails that enclose the RV overnight area.

I have never seen more than one or tow RVs in the overnight area. I'll guess the reason is many RV'ers are not capable of maneuvering and parking within the guard rail enclosed area.

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We were stopping at a rest stop solely for a break. With my 42' fifth wheel, we were way too long hitched up to park in any of the spots- we headed to the truck parking area. (We have the same issue at Crackhead Barrels if we stop for a meal.)
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
harley hitchiker wrote:
some of the rest areas along ohio turnpike have rv parking with w/e for 20 dollars but web site says 40 ft. max length and you must leave 15ft. between units.so pulling 35ft. 5er can I unhook and park the truck along side or some place else or are these only usable by MH less than 40' or truck and trailer combinations less than 40'? Anyone have any experience at these sites.

we have used the camper spots in the rest area numerous times with a 43 ft motorhome....now I unhook as it is not a big deal and then backin.....but last time I stopped 2 motorhome decided to park long ways blocking two other spots in the process...and then hid inside as others pulled in unable to use them......some of the elect is 30 amp ..some 50...so check the pole when deciding where to park....I think it is a great idea...would take me longer to get off the interstate,find a campground..than it did to unhook and hook up in same spot..Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed overnight in the RV lot 3 or 4 times. Our previous rig was 49 ft when connected.
We stayed in 2 different rest areas. Each time we were still hitched up, but we parked such that the truck and camper were nearly jack- knifed.
Did not seem to be a problem and no one bothered us.
Surprising to us was how quite it was after about 11pm or so. Once in awhile a tractor - trailer would come in with exhaust brakes making a racquet, but overall we slept fine.
Ohio Highway Patrol and or State Police come through on a regular basis.
I think it's a pretty good overnight stop b
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Ohio uses timed tolls, so I don't know how they deal with that. The timed tolls are used because truckers were gaming the system. Does anyone know if the timed tolls exclude RVs?
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We drove from Conneaut, OH into IN and stopped at one just to test it out. But we were too long at 38' 5thW. So we pulled over into the Truck Stop area to use RestRooms and eat inside at the Food Court.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I traveled the Ohio TR in Sept 2014 thought I would stop on my way west with rig in sig even though they all were empty I wasn't willing to unhitch for 5-6 hours of shuteye. I believe the second service center westbound, did not have a RV spot but did have designated RV parking among the truck parking. I do believe if you were not stopping early those spots would be filled by trucks. I wonder if you knocked on their door they would move for a tired RV'er?
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
No personal experience, but online reviews repeatedly talk about needing to disconnect tow vehicles or toads and park them next to the RV (and being easily able to do so).

The info PDF also suggests this is the case (though none to clearly) when it says that "No Vehicle over 40' is permitted in the RV lot" and then a bit later that "Only one vehicle and one camping unit are permitted for each RV site." I take that to mean you can have up to two "pieces" in your rig, neither one of which exceeds 40' length.