cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orlando Florida area

EydieG
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a good campground in the Orlando/Kissimmee Florida area. We plan to go to Universal Studios so close to that would be great. We have a 38 foot Class A and have heard Ft. Wilderness may not be the best place for us so does anyone know any others in the area that you can recommend? Our trip will be the first of September for about 5 nights and just 3 adults no kids.

Thanks!
Brand new owners of a 1999 Newmar Dutchstar DP
6 REPLIES 6

joeprinter
Explorer
Explorer
remoandiris wrote:
Sherwood Forest is big rig friendly.

X2 excellent park..
"2012 Forest River 360 DS"
"Ford V-10"
"2013 Toyota Corolla on Tow Dolly"

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
Sherwood Forest is big rig friendly.
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live here and would not stay at FW on a bet. Too expensive. To crowded. To hard to get around. AND too Disney.

We have had a couple of friends stay at Stage Stop GC in Winter Garden, FL. (A suburb of O-town) and they found it quite satisfactory. It isn't a "RV Resort", but clean, safe, and comfortable. You will be at the parks most daylight hours, anyway.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

EydieG
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We were actually considering Tropical Palms but wanted to hear from someone who had stayed there. I have read many conflicting reviews on Ft. Wilderness, but for the dates we want to go they only have tent sites available so it isn't even a consideration at this time.
Thanks again!
Brand new owners of a 1999 Newmar Dutchstar DP

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know why Ft Wilderness would not be suitable, more than any other campgrounds/resorts in the area. You will probably need a toad or other form of transportation to get to Universal. According to the Universal website RV parking is available at $22 a day.
We just booked 16 nights at Fort Wilderness, for this Aug, leaving Sept 1. It is Disney's value season and with the AAA discount, the rate was LESS than the two closest KOAs.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
We like Tropical Palms if we can't get a site at the Fort when our young grandsons are with us. If just the wife and me, then we often pick Tropical first as they have a lot of nice pull through sites, unlike the Fort which are back ins.
Tropical works well for Universal Studios, iMHO
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".