cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portland, OR help

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
We will be travelling through Portland and want to stop and see relatives. We cannot stay with them or park at their home and need to stay nearby. They live in the Cedar Hills neighborhood off 217. Can anyone suggest an RV park close by?

Thanx in advance.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
10 REPLIES 10

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
probably the closest time wise is LL Stubb stewart state park. just off hiway 26 west of Cedar hills.

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
If a Elks member there are Lodges closer to Cedar Hills which is close to Beaverton. There is a new state park off hwy 26 don't know the name.
Mobile Home Coral ( Mobile Home & RV Spaces ) 503-671-0676
3737 SW 117 Ave Beaverton OR 97005
When my parents lived in assisted living in Beaverton we found this place. It is mainly a mobile home park that has some vacant spaces they rent to rvers. It worked for us we have not been back since parents pass away in 2009. Found the neighbors pleasant, were able to get mail delivered to our spaces mailbox. Not sure if they take reservations, you may just want to drive by and check it out. Regards Dick

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are an Elks Lodge member, the Gateway Lodge has RV parking. 37723 NE Columbia Blvd. Portland. We have never used this lodge, so I don't know any particulars.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
The closest I can find anything is in Scappoose, Oregon...21 miles south....Might be worth a look into.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Closest nice place is probably going to be Champoeg State Park.

X2 we enjoyed our stay here.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with that part of Portland but you might find something in the Portland site - http://www.freeguidetonwcamping.com/oregon_washington_main/Oregon/Portland_Area/Portland_Area.htm

We have found that many churches will let you part in their lots over night if you ask first.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Closest nice place is probably going to be Champoeg State Park.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be going through Portland twice and I'm not familiar with your specific area but there are two places that we found, one for going and one for coming back. Portland-Fairview and Columbia River.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Y-Guy
There are several schools in the area; Cedar Park MS, Meadow Park MS, Barnes Elementary, Walker Elementary. You might call and ask permission to park in the lot during the day. For over overnight not much real close but if your ok boondocking there is a Camping World on I5 and Walmart a bit south that we've stayed at in the past.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Wow.... not a lot right around there. The closest thing I can think of is at the other end of 217 and then a few miles down I-5 in Wilsonville.

http://www.pheasantridge.com/

It's probably +/- 20 minutes from Cedar Hills during light traffic times but could be 45mins-1hr under bad circumstances (yes, traffic around here is TERRIBLE)

Here's a super nice state park towards the coast from there:

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=75

Probably a 45 minute drive though.

That's a tough area for RV parks/hookups.