cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

ericwooden
Explorer
Explorer
Cumberland Mountain State Park/Crossville Tn.

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 5.4L 3.73 Rear/Tow package
Jayco 23B
Nights camped 2010=21
Nights camped 2011=6

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Please be sure and add the town/state where the campground is!!! Thanks!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
General Butler State Resort Park. Carrollton KY. site 107
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Carter Caves State Resort Park. Olive Hill KY. Water and electric only.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
jayfeathersgr wrote:

Lot 111 Platte River Campground Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Michigan

capitalize the img on both sides of pic and it'll show up(:
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

colestat
Explorer
Explorer
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
colestat wrote:

My husband carefully positioned the Trailer between the palm trees.

My Goodness! Were the neighbors all watching? I know I would have been and then I would have been impressed! WOW!

Any problems with the trees blowing in the wind? Rubbing on the sides?

Yes the neighbors watched and said we wouldn't be able to do it. My husband loves a challenge and they were impressed. No problem with wind or rubbing.
2014 Forest River Sunseeker 3170DS

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
1stgenfarmboy wrote:
Not a great pic of the site but it's very secluded and quiet, on a lake with a no motor rule, we kayak so it is nice for us, Lake Glendale S.P. the very southern tip of ILL.

new very nice bathrooms/hot showers

First trip with the new to us lance.

Dar & Barb

Very nice looking setup! Congrats on the new Lance!
Happy Trails, Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
Not a great pic of the site but it's very secluded and quiet, on a lake with a no motor rule, we kayak so it is nice for us, Lake Glendale S.P. the very southern tip of ILL.

new very nice bathrooms/hot showers

First trip with the new to us lance.

Dar & Barb
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

jayfeathersgr
Explorer
Explorer

Lot 241 at Traverse City State Park last Fall.

FlightCrew
Explorer
Explorer
Below is our first campground with our new hybrid. Glenwood Canyon RV Resort, Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Nice place, the river is great, but the train across the river is brutally loud a few times in the middle of the night. Pic taken 6/30/10

The next stop on our Grand Canyon trip was Lake Powell. Below is our spot at Wahweap Marina RV Park & Campground. Paved roads and spots, sparse foliage, blazing hot temperatures - but then again, this pic was taken 7/3/10. The lake is a whole lot of fun.

Finally, Las Vegas New Mexico KOA. It's a pretty typical KOA, but at least it's fairly high altitude, some trees, and cool temps for the middle of summer. Pic taken 7/8/10.
Landed our airplane in 49 states, now time to RV them all
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2502C
2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L

FlightCrew
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped at Flatiron Res.CG and really love it there. :@ BTW...do you remember what campsite number you camped at (in the photos)? The site looks very nice indeedy. We have booked two separate camp-outs at Flatiron Res.CG for this coming summer. Can't wait to go there again!

That is F27, and definitely pay attention to the high water markers all around the reservoir. Unlike Carter or Horsetooth that go way down and stay there until they refill it months later, Flatiron will go up and down within the matter of hours. There are quite a few very nice sites there, F24 and F10 come to mind, but all of the sites along the water are great.
2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L

FlightCrew
Explorer
Explorer
Been to Jack's Gulch CG...just riding through the CG to take a look at it while camping down the road at Mountain Park CG along the Poudre River.It really looked like a lovely CG.

:@So have you had problems making reservations online over on recreation.gov for Jack's Gulch CG? Why I ask is because every time I check out the CG's reservations on that website..the only site available/open is the group-campsite. I don't understand why that site is the only one online showing as open

Mountain Park looks pretty nice, but we had a hard time getting reservations there, so we tried Jacks Gulch. You can't reserve spots at JG, it's all first come, first served. I see what you mean on recreation.gov and reserveamerica.com about that campground, was just going to blow it off, instead took a drive up to see it and it was well worth it, one of our favorites.

The dirt road there is in pretty good shape, gets steep and narrow at times, and dispersed camping all along the way. Not a lot to do there, but that's why we like it. There are a couple of old military crashed airplanes in the area, someday I'll try to locate them.
2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
FlightCrew wrote:

Flatiron Reservoir, Colorado.

Another great CG...thanks for sharing.

We have camped at Flatiron Res.CG and really love it there. :@ BTW...do you remember what campsite number you camped at (in the photos)? The site looks very nice indeedy. We have booked two separate camp-outs at Flatiron Res.CG for this coming summer. Can't wait to go there again!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
FlightCrew wrote:
Thanks, ReneeG. The wife wasn't sure she wanted our secret spots shared, but I've learned so much from this forum and the people who post here, I couldn't hold back. These next pictures are from a place I'd really prefer kept secret, but the word will get out eventually on this gem - if the Beetlekill doesn't do it in. Jacks Gulch, Larimer County, Colorado

Great Photos of a great CG.

Been to Jack's Gulch CG...just riding through the CG to take a look at it while camping down the road at Mountain Park CG along the Poudre River.It really looked like a lovely CG.

:@So have you had problems making reservations online over on recreation.gov for Jack's Gulch CG? Why I ask is because every time I check out the CG's reservations on that website..the only site available/open is the group-campsite. I don't understand why that site is the only one online showing as open.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Another great set of pics, FlightCrew. The last photo looks like a spot we dry camped at in Eastern Idaho, near Driggs called Teton Canyon, a FS CG on the road to Grand Targhee ski resort. Secluded with Moose in camp daily and signs of Grizzly Bear. I'll have to post some pics too.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton