cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Preferred Topsail sites?

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Someone made a comment in another post: "Fulltimers are not on vacation". That comment was triggered by a new fulltimer complaining about how much he spent on fuel after driving 4000 miles in a month. And since we plan to enter that stage next May it made me think. Slow down and don't rush from place to place. So with that in mind I think we will start our spring/summer off by camping for at least 4 days at Topsail.

So do any of you have a favorite site to suggest? It's one of the Florida SP that we have never been too. But it seems to be wildly popular. Is 4 days enough? Any suggestions welcomed. I don't ask for site suggestions but since we are changing mental modes I might rethink that.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
7 REPLIES 7

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had site # 124. Enjoyed it because there was enough separation on camper door side that we really didn't feel like we had a next door neighbor.

It is a hike to the beach for sure. it's a popular place and can often book up almost a year in advance. I made reservations in August for July of the next year.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like the 100's also. First trip there we understood the walk down to the ocean was a short walk. Man were we wrong! We walked and walked to get down there. The trip back we waited for the tram. Every trip after was tram only! LOL We really like Topsail though. We also visited the Garden of Eden and the Wesley Estate that is close by. It is a very interesting a peaceful place.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree with 100 loop being the best. Out favorite is 122 and there are no long term sites in this State Park.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer the sites in the 100โ€™s. Site 138 is a favorite. Make reservations soon, they go fast.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
4,000 miles in a month. Doesnโ€™t sound like fun to me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Don't Go stay far far away this is what happens when it rains.

Just kidding. All sites are good. we prefer the 100's
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
They were re-doing the front sites when I was there. I wasn't impressed with the method. Basically they dug out the tree roots that were pushing up the tarmac sites and replacing it with 6 inches of 3/4 stone. They weren't compacting it, so the first few occupants sunk in. Of course, this was nearly 4 years ago so I'm sure things have changed.

We were in site #11 for a few days, then moved to #73 for a night. We liked 73 and the general area up close to the lake.

Sites 100-150 looked like a long term stay area.

There's a tram that runs down to the beach and the area has lots to offer. Be sure to take a ride down route 30A, and make sure you get breakfast at the Donut Hole.

Edit: I found a pic of site 73

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox