cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommended rv park

olddog49
Explorer
Explorer
We have decided to go full time towards end of year. We are interested in the area between Knoxville and Nashville Tenn. Along the I 40 corridor mostly. Recommendations for long term, pros and cons of park. TIA
3 REPLIES 3

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I will add that Deer Run is a very nice park and the owners are wonderful people. It has a nice small lake and is very peaceful surrounded by forest lands. Facilities are good too.

olddog49
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
I think you have a whole bunch of research to do on this. This is something you are going to have to decide for yourself. I understand a few suggestions could be helpful but this to me is a very personal decision. What might make me happy may be totally unacceptable to you.

That said, Crossville area may have something you would like. Nice city. Golf capital of TN. It hhas the Cumberland County Playhouse that is great entertainment. Nice small county airport. It has some nice campgrounds. Try calling some of them and ask questions. I have stayed at Deer Run and it had a long term section to it. Don't know about the others in the area.

Understood and agree. We have looked at several parks in the area. Spring Lake, Caney Creek Whispering River and Deer Run also. Seems they all have their plus ans minuses. Checked RV parks and reviews to see what folks had to say about them. Mixed at best. We may just bounce around a bit checking them all out. Thanks for your comments.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I think you have a whole bunch of research to do on this. This is something you are going to have to decide for yourself. I understand a few suggestions could be helpful but this to me is a very personal decision. What might make me happy may be totally unacceptable to you.

That said, Crossville area may have something you would like. Nice city. Golf capital of TN. It hhas the Cumberland County Playhouse that is great entertainment. Nice small county airport. It has some nice campgrounds. Try calling some of them and ask questions. I have stayed at Deer Run and it had a long term section to it. Don't know about the others in the area.