cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockport Aransas area too late?

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to find a spot in Aransas, Rockport area. Every place so far is already full. I guess I started looking too late. Might have to come up with a plan "B". Never had a problem finding a spot for a couple months anywhere else, didn't think this could be as hard as it is...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
42 REPLIES 42

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
Seeing that new construction link got me wondering...

What ever happen to that park outside of Rockport that was RV owner owned that went (or almost) belly up. Is that still around? Also the one time nudist camp. They were revamping that as I remember. Are those places still in business or did they fail? Then there was a brand new place going in about 4-5 years ago, very nice setup west of town but still in it. Hard to imagine that Rockport can support all of that and still keep building new. Or are snowbirds just leaving the old crappy parks for the nice new ones.

Rain Tree RV Park went into foreclosure Aug. 1. The newer RV park outside of Rockport (Salwater Flats) is full. They now require a 3month only stay for Winter Texans. Rockport has become REAL popular all parks are full. There is a 30 person waiting list for our park. Most of the parks are getting full with folks from San Antonio buying a RV and parking for weekend use. I know nothing of a nudist RV park..lol

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing that new construction link got me wondering...

What ever happen to that park outside of Rockport that was RV owner owned that went (or almost) belly up. Is that still around? Also the one time nudist camp. They were revamping that as I remember. Are those places still in business or did they fail? Then there was a brand new place going in about 4-5 years ago, very nice setup west of town but still in it. Hard to imagine that Rockport can support all of that and still keep building new. Or are snowbirds just leaving the old crappy parks for the nice new ones.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I gave up..seems like all the nicer places are full. Called a couple others and was told they would get back to me, never did, even after calling them several times including the new one near Rockport. I guess they aren't interested. Seems like there are an awful lot of dumpy places that still have a few openings. I'm going elsewhere. Life's too short to spend any time in a rathole just to find some better weather. Maybe next year. Thanks for all your suggestions.

B.O.

Yes, It is most unfortunate!! Most of the nicer parks will be reserved for next year as the regular winter texans arrive for this year. Not sure if you tried Costal Paradise (Opened 10/4). We were out there last week to help a friend set up and they are so new that they are still installing sod. The number is (361) 661-4915.

http://www.coastalparadiservresort.com/

https://www.facebook.com/coastalparadiserockport?fref=ts

Best Wishes, Lynn and Carol

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Before you totally give up, here's one in Port Lavaca that is new, and I'm guessing does not have a following yet. Friends stayed there on their way north, and gave it a thumbs up.

Clicky

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I gave up..seems like all the nicer places are full. Called a couple others and was told they would get back to me, never did, even after calling them several times including the new one near Rockport. I guess they aren't interested. Seems like there are an awful lot of dumpy places that still have a few openings. I'm going elsewhere. Life's too short to spend any time in a rathole just to find some better weather. Maybe next year. Thanks for all your suggestions.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
her&I wrote:
Fun n Sun is the bigger one with all of the amenities such as dance hall, rec hall, tennis courts, billiard hall, indoor shuffle board, library, model car race track, pool, horseshoes and classes calore.

Also the one with some of the highest rent and smallest lots in the RGV. Stayed there one muddy winter, enough for me.

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
joebedford wrote:
Is Fun N' Sun one of the ones behind the Harley dealer and Tractor Supply?

There are two in that location, Fun n Sun as well as First Colony.
Fun n Sun is the bigger one with all of the amenities such as dance hall, rec hall, tennis courts, billiard hall, indoor shuffle board, library, model car race track, pool, horseshoes and classes calore.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:

There are two in that location, Fun n Sun as well as First Colony.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
her&I wrote:
gonefishin' wrote:
We've stayed in the RGV 2 years now and are headed there after Christmas until the middle of April. We stay in a park in San Benito, TX and there is so much to do. They really cater to the winter Texans.

We are about 30 minutes from SPI and 20 minutes from Mexico if either of those interest you. Our park has so many activities if you are bored it's because you choose to be. Lots of great restaurants, shopping, volunteer possibilities, beaches, dances, flea markets and did I say restaurants. We have made many friends there and are anxious to get back.

There are manufactured homes, park models, Motorhomes, Fifth wheelers, travel trailers large and small; you name it it's there.
What park are you in. We have a place in Fun n Sun in San Benito. Love it.

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
gonefishin' wrote:
We've stayed in the RGV 2 years now and are headed there after Christmas until the middle of April. We stay in a park in San Benito, TX and there is so much to do. They really cater to the winter Texans.

We are about 30 minutes from SPI and 20 minutes from Mexico if either of those interest you. Our park has so many activities if you are bored it's because you choose to be. Lots of great restaurants, shopping, volunteer possibilities, beaches, dances, flea markets and did I say restaurants. We have made many friends there and are anxious to get back.

There are manufactured homes, park models, Motorhomes, Fifth wheelers, travel trailers large and small; you name it it's there.
What park are you in. We have a place in Fun n Sun in San Benito. Love it.

gonefishin_
Explorer
Explorer

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you took my statement literal. I should have said "nicer" weather, and saved you all that typing and speculation on the future of El Nino.

....na. That's ok. I'm curious to see how the 2, 3, 4 and 5 month experimental climate prediction systems/model pans-out.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
silversand wrote:
John&Joey wrote:
You'll enjoy the TX gulf coast then. If you want all that and nice weather then FL is the place...

...hmmm. With the exceptionally strong and persistent El Nino (solidly in place now), the Two-class Monthly & Seasonal Climate Outlooks are showing a very, very strong chance (60/40 to 70/30) of much colder than normal temperatures over this winter from Southern Arizona all the way to Alabama coast (Nov to December), and strongly colder from Southern Arizona all the way to the entire Florida peninsula (from December to ~end of February).

Even scarier is the 2-Class climate outlook precipitation for this 2015/2016 winter: a 70/30 to 80/20 chance of much higher than normal precipitation from Southern Arizona to entire Florida peninsula from November to ~end of December. And an exceptionally confidant above average precipitation from Southern California, through southern Arizona, through South Texas, Louisiana, and entire Florida peninsula (especially south of Orlando) from end of December till March. Bring your umbrellas and storm chasers!

...the absolute opposite for northern North America this winter (from roughly Kansas north, east and west): very, very strong chance of a warmer than everage November to March (especially Great Lakes and Northeast regions), with very strong chance of below normal precipitation (but remember: this is still the north, so warmer may mean temps in the 32F range daytime, rather than 15F range! Ice storms anyone?).

Anyhow, the climate regions are large, so spot predictions (ie. over a particular city or town) will be impossible this far out. Lets see what happens. Anyhow, we're scheduled for south Florida from Jan to end of Feb...I've got a feeling we will need to bring a buoyant vehicle raft with us :B

Looks like you took my statement literal. I should have said "nicer" weather, and saved you all that typing and speculation on the future of El Nino.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I am betting on South being warmer than North and I have heard all the guesses too.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Florida will be better than Montreal, but not necessarily every day.