cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from Gettysburg to DC

Midge
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions on preferred route from Gettysburg to DC (Cherry Hill Park). Traveling in a 32' motor home. Planning on leaving Gettysburg tomorrow.
Midge Blalock
11 REPLIES 11

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't taken that route since it was free, but I don't think that there are any toll booths.
bumpy

Midge
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Lantley, took your recommendation & it was a great route - we breezed right on through. Thank you. I did not have E-Z pass or equivalent, I'll probably get fined so I will expect some notification when I get back to California.

Hi Bumpy: No E-Z pass - and there were no toll booths open so perhaps I will be billed...

Hi Spoon059: We arrived yesterday, Friday, before I read your post but sounds like a nice drive. If I come back to this area will try it.

Hi Darsben1: wish I had read your post yesterday - would have loved to try the great seafood at Mays and especially easy parking (we are not towing) It's not so far so maybe we'll have time to go before we leave this area.

Thanks you all.
Midge Blalock

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
First of all, tomorrow is Saturday so 270 will be smooth sailing. 15 south to 270 south to 495 east is the fastest route. Should take about 85-90 minutes depending upon where in Gettysburg you are.

If you want a slower, winding ride through country roads, you can take I97 south, then MD 650 south to a left on Powder Mill Rd, then right on Cherry Hill Rd. That is closer to 2 hours, but a lot of country roads and rural driving at lower speeds. This is a much more enjoyable ride if you have an extra half hour to spare.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Midge wrote:
That seems like a better route. Thank you.

do you have an EZ Pass or equivalent?
bumpy

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Frederick and enjoy some GREAT SEAFOOD AT Mays then get on 270
http://www.maysrestaurant.com/
Park the rig at Lowe's directly behind the restaurant
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Midge
Explorer
Explorer
That seems like a better route. Thank you.
Midge Blalock

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
A little shorter and a lot less traffic is 15s to 270s to 200 East to 95s to 212 west. Avoids 495 altogether. However 200 is a automated toll road and requires
E-Z pass or equivalent to pay toll.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Midge
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for routing which confirms what I thought. Won't want to leave Gettysburg too early; we really like it here... Getting around in a motor home here really easy. Thanks for your help.
Midge Blalock

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
bhall wrote:
U.S. 15 South to I-270 S to I-495 E to U.S. 1

x2. Take your time and don't leave Gettysburg too early.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bhall wrote:

really the only option. OP will "love" 270. ๐Ÿ˜ž
bumpy

bhall
Explorer
Explorer