cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV options near the eastern side of Yosemite?

rangerbait
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings! We're planning a trip in the next month or so to the Mammoth Lakes/Eastern Yosemite/395 corridor...are there any RV park options along rt 120 on the edge of YNP? We're looking for something up in the mountains to escape the valley heat, and prefer trees and streams or lakes. Should we just plan on staying in Mammoth? Your input is appreciated!

2014 Heartland Trail Runner 35' TT + ProPride 3P
2012 F350 SRW Power Stroke Diesel FX4 Long Bed
Mom, Dad, and 4 Rugrats!
Monterey, Ca.
7 REPLIES 7

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Lee Vining campground if you want hookups. 395 is a favorite part of the country for us. Absolutely beautiful and not congested.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rangerbait
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
rangerbait wrote:
Good tips...thanks! Yes, we're looking for full hookup sites.

Then be prepared for a long drive in - why not the north or west side ?

We live not too far away from the west side and have explored the area extensively...we're looking to change it up a bit and spend some time in the eastern Sierra. We may end up staying in Mammoth Lakes if there's nothing available with the accommodations we're looking for.
Mom, Dad, and 4 Rugrats!
Monterey, Ca.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer non-hookup sites, and found several campgrounds that are on 120, within about 3 miles of 395. I seem to recall them each being small - say 5-9 sites, and not 'roomy' for a long RV.

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
rangerbait wrote:

Then be prepared for a long drive in - why not the north or west side ?
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

rangerbait
Explorer
Explorer
Mom, Dad, and 4 Rugrats!
Monterey, Ca.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
June lake loop has some campgrounds as well as up from Bridgeport.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Mono Vista in Lee Vining sort of meets your requirements. I think it is around 6500 ft not quite high enough for heavy trees-some pinyons and junipers. But the park itself has some nice shade in places. There were also tourists from all over the world there-which I thought made it more interesting. Clean restrooms if that matters to you.

Mammoth RV park is in ponderosa/jeffrey pine belt. Thousand foot higher so a bit cooler. I've stayed at both, if Yosemite was my goal, I'd stay Mono Vista.

Note-mentioned hookup RV parks because that is what I think you wanted. There are other national forest campground which are very nice-higher elevated, on streams etc.