cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv parks Amarillo, Carlsbad , San Antonio

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for rv park recommendations with full hookups in Amarillo , Carlsbad, and San Antonio. We are headed that way in a week. We are also probally going to be looking for a rv park just out of Dallas toward Amarillo for an overnight.
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990
25 REPLIES 25

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
BB-Tex wrote:
If you are coming from Mississippi toward TX on I-20, I would suggest you take US 69 north near Tyler to US 82 west near Bells, to US 287 north at Henrietta.

IF .. you are not coming to Dallas as a planned stop or a destination, the above advice is the best you have received.

We have always stayed at Wichita Falls RV park in town. An older park, but perfectly suitable for an overnight.

If we want to go on a bit further toward Amarillo, we stay at the Ole Town Cotton Gin just past Quanah at Goodlett. We actually stay here more often than in Wichita Falls.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Just stayed at San Antonio KOA a few days ago. Good experience using the bus into town from a stop right in front, both ways.

We were in the back with a lot of tall shade trees, and just behind is a paved greenway for walking or biking. Lots of grassy areas to walk the dog.

Always stay at Oasis in Amarillo.

kydale
Explorer
Explorer
San Antonio..... Travelers World. We stay there going to the valley and leaving the valley.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
In Amarillo we stay at Fort Amarillo RV Resort on the west edge of town just off I-40.

In Carlsbad, we stayed at the KOA north of Carlsbad. Quite a few miles to the caverns if that is your destination. But the KOA is a nice park.

In San Antonio, we have stayed at Travelers World and would again. Easy drive to downtown to Alamo, Riverwalk, Mercado, etc. Or there is a bus stop right in front you can take downtown if you rather not drive. Popular with snowbirds in the winter.

If you are coming from Mississippi toward TX on I-20, I would suggest you take US 69 north near Tyler to US 82 west near Bells, to US 287 north at Henrietta. Then check rvparkreviews.com for an overnight park in Wichita Falls. There are several there that get good reviews. Very light traffic that way and you bypass the Dallas/Ft Worth mess. US 380 west from US69 in Greenville to US 287 in Decatur is a very good road, but the traffic and traffic lights make it less than desirable.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
*Amarillo we stay at Oasis
*San Antonio we stay at RV park on I-10 on west edge of Boerne (can't remember name). Nice park and close to daughter. (Which park in San Antonio depends on location of places one wants to visit).
*Carlsbad we stay at KOA.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
Amarillo X3 for Oasis RV Park.

San Antonio - Travelers World - right on the Missions Bike Path and across the street from the bus line. We explored the entire area and never had to move our truck! Here's a link from my blog post (lots of pics) showing what we did for 2 days from Travelers World (also a link to the park)Two Days in San Antonio

Carlsbad - KOA. We stayed at the KOA for 5 days in late March. The KOA is great, but it's an hours drive from the caverns and longer from Guadeloupe Mountains Nat'l Park. Given all the time we spent driving, we might opt to stay at a not as nice place nearer the national parks if we were going again.

FYI - We really enjoyed White Sands National Monument - bought a sled for $16 at the visitor center and spent an entire day climbing up & "sledding" down sand dunes. Great entertainment for $16!

Enjoy!
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

Home_on_Wheels
Explorer
Explorer
Don't stay at Tree Tops in Arlington.....it has really changed. There is a Park on the East Side of Town in Terrell, off I-20. http://www.bluebonnetrv.com/ Very nice!

The Oasis in Amarillo is wonderful!

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
If you want cheap in Amarillo use OK Camper Park especially if you have Passport America, if you want nice use Oasis RV Park.
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

hawkhill
Explorer
Explorer
In Amarillo, I second Oasis RV. For both Carlsbad and San Antonio, we selected Carlsbad KOA and San Antonio KOA. The Carlsbad KOA was the nicest KOA we have ever seen. Great sites especially the upgraded ones with a shade structures and immaculately maintained. It is on the opposite end of town from the Caverns, but we found everything closer to the Caverns to be really old and outdated. We chose the San Antonio KOA as it was nicely maintained and had good amenities as well. Also as parking can be tricky in San Antonio, we liked that the park was on the bus route.
2015 RAM 3500 dually Deep Cherry Red Crystal 6.7 Cummins Aisin 6-Speed
2008 Carriage Cameo F35SB
Jeff "Loving DH"
Smokey & Purrshing, Our Ragdolls
Gordie, Springer Spaniel
True Blue, Aussie

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Brandon327 wrote:
I am looking for rv park recommendations with full hookups in Amarillo , Carlsbad, and San Antonio. We are headed that way in a week. We are also probally going to be looking for a rv park just out of Dallas toward Amarillo for an overnight.

I am guessing you are coming into Dallas on I-20 then 287 to Amarillo.
Look at Creekside RVing, 4491 US-287, Alvord, TX 76225
(940) 627-2505
I haven't stayed there but heard it wasn't to bad (look it up in RV Park reviews).
Amarillo I stayed at Oasis RV Resort, 2715 Arnot Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124, myrvoasis.com, (806) 356-8408. I was there last week.
San Antonio I use Admiralty RV Resort, 1485 N Ellison Dr, San, Antonio, TX 78251, admiraltyrvresort.com, (210) 647-7878.
I usually like to stay out in Bandra at Skyline Ranch RV Park.
Carlsbad I don't have a recommendation for there.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.rvparky.com/

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

https://www.allstays.com/
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7