cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks

striper1851
Explorer
Explorer
Going to San Antonio Tx. Has anyone stayed at either Admiralty RV Resort or Travelers World RV Resort. Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from class A forum
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

Mooshaker
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Travelers last fall for several days. Very handy to the Riverwalk and on the bus line. We only used bus one time. Was easier to drive to the Riverwalk area and park in the parking garage. Park was very acceptable for our needs. The area was a little questionable. We had no problems. Be sure to follow their directions to the campground, not your GPS.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
striper1851 wrote:
Going to San Antonio Tx. Has anyone stayed at either Admiralty RV Resort or Travelers World RV Resort. Thank you.

Travelers World is top notch. And dont forget to eat at the small place across the street that looks like the local "knife and gun club" but it really isnt..great food cheap prices
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Traveler's World a couple of weeks ago. Follow the directions on their website and you won't have a problem with the roads. If you are going to San Antonio to see the missions and Riverwalk, this place is right there. The sites are well spaced and easy to get in and out of. We preferred the pull throughs to the back ins. The wifi worked well and the place has a pool. There is a golf course right behind the rv park.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stayed at Admiralty several time and were very happy with the people and the sites. It is a little ways from Riverwalk but right next to Sea World with a shuttle. We like the location and the park.
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We also stayed at Travelers World a couple years ago and would again. Street in front goes directly downtown for easy access to Riverwalk. Or there is a bus stop right in front if you would rather not drive. One of the better restored missions is just down the street.

As noted above choose your route. Do not take E Southcross Blvd from I-37 due to steep up/down rail crossing. Military Dr just a little farther south is much better.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Traveler's World RV Park a couple years ago. It was very nice, but not what I think of as a resort. We would definitely stay there again. One caution: the route we came in involved crossing a railroad track with very steep slopes on each side. When we left we used a different route.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Admiralty RV is a nice park close to Six Flags...a bit too crowded for our taste but YMMV.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be at Traveler's World for a couple of nights in early March...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
striper1851 wrote:

It's a very nice facility. Weak wifi (may have been our end) staff was ok too. It's a nice place.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.