cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Storage while on a cruise

GregToni
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a 2 wk cruise out of Ft Lauderdale FL in mid-January. Looking for some help on storing our Class A (40ft) while on the cruise. We will have a toad, but can park it in the pier parking.

Any help appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Biggest issue for two weeks Is getting the refer empty!

That was my first thought. Dry storage is one thing. With power access, even if is only 20amp, is something else.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
F-TROUP wrote:
Check with the cruise line, when we went to Alaska rv storage was right at the docks.

X2
I am sure you are not the first with this question! Biggest issue for two weeks
Is getting the refer empty!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Comfort Inn Oceanside for the night and they let us leave our RV there for a week for an additional $30.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
With the tri-rail train expanded your search area...Miami to WPB. Taking a cab to/ from it will be cheaper than parking at the pier.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would ask the cruise company first.

Finding a parking place for a 40 footer near Ft. Lauderdale in January is going to be a problem, most likely. Never mind a reasonably priced place.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the cruise line, when we went to Alaska rv storage was right at the docks.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Google turned this up. Otherwise Iโ€™d contact local RV parks or RV dealers looking for an overflow area.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS