cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Antonio RV Parks

RichKale
Explorer
Explorer
Recommendations requested and appreciated.
2002 Winnebago Adventurer (33ft on a Workhorse chassis)
1999 Saturn SL2 (Roadmaster towbar and a BrakeBuddy)
9 REPLIES 9

rvnutts
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last year we stayed at Blazing Star. really liked it. It is close to Sea World but a short drive into town for the Alamo and River walk. If you go to the Alamo, be sure to walk a couple of blocks over the Buckhorn Museum. Hubby and son really enjoyed it!
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

sammytoo
Explorer
Explorer
JColeman wrote:
About 15 minutes south of downtown is a nice family owned park, Hidden Valley. Refreshing to be out in the country but only a short trip to downtown. Gravel road into park but nice sites and atmosphere. Fishing creek too

X2

JColeman
Explorer
Explorer
About 15 minutes south of downtown is a nice family owned park, Hidden Valley. Refreshing to be out in the country but only a short trip to downtown. Gravel road into park but nice sites and atmosphere. Fishing creek too

l001952119
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
There are about 20 RV parks within Loop 1604 or just iutside, and a handful inside the 410 loop. I like Traveler's World just south of downtown on the Mission Trail, because I go to SA to visit downtown and the Missions. If going to Seaworld, there are resorts over there (Alamo) and other convenient to Fort Sam and Randolph.

A lot of people here don't like Travelers World because it is packed kind of tight, next to a busy road in an urban neighborhood. I like it for location, convenient to public transportation to places I want to go. If you would rather get around by private vehicle, the parks outside San Antonio probably work better.

X2 on Travelers World. This is also a Passport America discount park. Excellent Mexican rerstauarant about 1/4 south of park on same street. Located an intersection with traffic light.

turtle58
Explorer
Explorer
I also like Traveler's World. Stayed there this past summer and it is a lovely park with helpful staff. Close to downtown and all the old missions. Would stay there again.

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stayed at the KOA and liked it enough to stay there again... Large campground with spacious sites

JohnnyT
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Traveler's World. Bus stop at the entrance, excellent restaurant across the road from the entrance and very friendly staff. The location can NOT be beat by any park.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

JoeGood988
Explorer
Explorer
KOA on Gembler RD is close to downtown and a nice place to stay
2003 3330 Jayco Legacy

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are about 20 RV parks within Loop 1604 or just iutside, and a handful inside the 410 loop. I like Traveler's World just south of downtown on the Mission Trail, because I go to SA to visit downtown and the Missions. If going to Seaworld, there are resorts over there (Alamo) and other convenient to Fort Sam and Randolph.

A lot of people here don't like Travelers World because it is packed kind of tight, next to a busy road in an urban neighborhood. I like it for location, convenient to public transportation to places I want to go. If you would rather get around by private vehicle, the parks outside San Antonio probably work better.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B