cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Clemente State Beach question

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter and husband were lucky enough to get a site at San Clemente SB. in So Cal. They have a 40 ft 5er. The the pull-through site is listed at 36 feet, which should not be problem. In reading the fine print on their website, it says max trailer length is 30 feet!

Has anyone stayed at the CG with a big rig, or can otherwise verify whether or not they enforce the size limit?

We've never stayed at this CG before.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
11 REPLIES 11

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi everyone,

I contacted a source at San Clemente SB and got confirmation that a 40ft 5er will fit fine and will be able to get down the roads.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

dedmiston
This thread has nowhere to go but downhill.

Closing...

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
So what does that mean? Is it okay for a 40 footer? I think they may not fit and if they could could they get in and out? Fitting in the space doesn't mean you can drive there.

Hope they really think this through before they go.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The wife called the cg and all they said was, "we know 35 ft is no problem".
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Thanks for the info. I went to camsitephotos earlier but couldn't tell by their photo. They do have a full hook up pull through site if it makes any difference

Bing Map Zoom in to see.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
The state parks in the Santa Barbara have the limit of 30' and to my knowledge enforce the size limit. Call San Climente State Park for clairifaction before driving down there. Part of the issue is just the actual size of the RV site but the ability to drive a 40' rig around the park to get to sites. A 40' RV is BIG for many RV Parks.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
By all means they should contact the CG directly, it "could" be a typo but....

What part of "In reading the fine print on their website, it says max trailer length is 30 feet!"
is unclear to them? :h

As noted, often times site restrictions are based upon general campground access limitations. Having a 40' fiver in a site that is restricted to 30' max could easily be a serious safety concern. Advising folks to just ignore the rules, "you'll be fine" sort of attitude just gives me the willies but then {sadly} for many, rules are just inconveniences meant for other people.

I hope it works out for them but not at the expense of others.

As always... Opinions and YMMV.

:C

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I went to camsitephotos earlier but couldn't tell by their photo. They do have a full hook up pull through site if it makes any difference
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beat me to it Campsite photos
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Go to campsitephotos.com. and you can see exactly what their site looks like.
They have pics of every campsite at San Clemente SB.
We have camped at Cali state beaches for years and always use campsitephotos.com to help choose a site.
If they got a site in the RV full hookup loop, they should be ok but a 40' trailer is going to be tight.
If it's the other loop, NO way will they fit.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Call the park at (949) 492-3156 and get their answer. Sometimes it's the access roads that limit the size of rig. Better to get an answer directly from the source.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)