cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Savannah SC which one and rec's please

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again for your advice. trying to decide between Skidaway Island State Park or Savannah Oaks. Has anyone been to either one?

We're looking for a trolley or train/bus with easy in and out of the downtown within walking distance of the CG. Any advice besides the usual tourist stuff would be appreciated...and lunch BBQ included ๐Ÿ™‚

Any advice, suggestions appreciated and thank you!

still newbies
14 REPLIES 14

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
tsetsaf wrote:
You can see a bunch of them here

As for our recommendation we really like Hardeeville

Many thanks!

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can see a bunch of them here

As for our recommendation we really like Hardeeville
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
yes, it is, thanks! I need to learn to be clear!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Is it me, or is the title confusing? lol
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

bobcouch
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway SP is great! No public transportation, but Old Town Tours will pick you up at the office.
Bob and Honey Couch
2008 Keystone Everest
2007 Dodge MegaCab w/ 5.9 Cummins
http://boggythicket.blogspot.com/

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
The members here are awesome, thank you and bless you from the newbies!

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on Red Gate. Very nice park.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Red Gate is fine and they can do the trolley connection.
http://www.redgatecampground.com/
-jbh-

NC_Roamer
Explorer
Explorer
The Savannah Visitors Information Center parking lot has RV parking spaces. It is located at the edge of the historical district.
2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
On Edit: Nevermind, I don't know why I read Charleston when it actually reads Savannah! ๐Ÿ˜„ I put it up to old age!

Anyway, if you are planning on Charleston, my suggestion still stands.
I would suggest James ISland County Park instead of the others and it does have trolley access, at least during some times of the year. It's about 10 minutes outside of historic downtown Charleston.

Not you, MerryKalia - me! confusing Charleston with Savannah! yes, we are staying at James Island County State Park in Charleston! Glad to know that there is transit for the scared city folk newbies!

Thank you!

We are searching for somewhere near Savannah and hope to have a trolley or bus nearby for transit into the touristy stuff and maybe a lunch or two!

Thanks for your help and suggestions for these total newbies!

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Skidaway several times and their is no public transit. I doubt there is any at Savannah Oaks either. You will most likely need to drive downtown, park, and then take trolleys, buggies from there.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at Savannah Oaks last time. If I remember, it had kinda low reviews. We loved it though. We stayed in February in the offseason. The trees and grounds were beautiful, it was convenient to downtown Savannah, it was quiet. I think they even had a gas station right outside the main gate. We liked it a lot.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
On Edit: Nevermind, I don't know why I read Charleston when it actually reads Savannah! ๐Ÿ˜„ I put it up to old age!

Anyway, if you are planning on Charleston, my suggestion still stands.
I would suggest James ISland County Park instead of the others and it does have trolley access, at least during some times of the year. It's about 10 minutes outside of historic downtown Charleston.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's an easy drive from Skidaway but I don't recall any mass transit connection.
Larry