cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scottsdale RV Park

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a highly rated park near Scottsdale. We plan to attend the Phoenix Open in late January. I've been looking at parks in Trailer Life, there are several highly rated ones, and I am not sure of the location. I called Eagle View in Fort McDowell, but they were booked for the dates we want. In Trailer Life I found no listings in Scottsdale, but did find Roadrunner Lake on-line, has anyone stays there? If so , what is your opinion of the park? Would love to hear further suggestions.

Thanks so much,
Susan
11 REPLIES 11

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Roadrunner,

I thought of another park option for the Scottsdale area during the Phoenix Open. There is a RV park in Fountain Hills which is about 20-25 miles east of Scottsdale. It's on the Ft. McDowell Indian reservation. Eagle View RV Resort.. It's fairly close to McDowell Mtn Park, but might be ever so slightly more convenient for access to the Open. (But not as convenient as the other two I mentioned in a previous post). It's just another option.

Bill
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Love hearing the local knowledge, it is always so helpful. I can find the mileage, but understanding routes and other traffic factors that locals or those who have frequented the area are familiar with are so helpful. Thank you so much.

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Sands RV Park and Desert Ridge RV Park in N. Phoenix off I-17 are two other options. Both would make for easy access to the Phoenix Open which is just off the 101 loop about 18 miles east of I-17. Both are public parks which probably get pretty full during the winter so reservations would need to be made early. McDowell Mtn. Park would be my preference, but it too fills up during the winter months. The ones off I-17 would probably be less of a hassle for getting to the Open. I haven't been to either of those two parks but I live fairly close to them and know the area well. You could always check them out at RVParkreviews/Phoenix.
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
You also have Maricopa county's cavecreek regional park. A distance away but so is the rest. Desert setting, water and electric, dump station. Somewhat easier to get into.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
You asked about Mesa, and there are many and they are big. Anything along the 60 (Mesa, Apache Junction, and Gold Canyon) would suit your purpose, and there are some great ones. Check our RVparkreviews.com for listing in those 3 towns. One of the parks in Gold Canyon has it's own golf course. Of course the Maricopa County Parks (McDowell Mtn, Usery Mtn) are great, but getting into them is like being admitted to an Ivy League school. Before we moved here we used to stay at Fort McDowell, and it still is the nicest/nearest to Fountain Hills/Scottsdale/Mayo Clinic.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, Flyr , you have been most helpful. This is the information I needed. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
East Phoenix RV parks are hit or miss. Frankly in Scottsdale there just isn't anything I would recommend, we have either stayed or visited each one (2). Along the east west main drags there are the mega parks and they are fine. You will find that they always have a space.

The recommendation of McDowell Mtn, frankly is the best overall park in the area. Surprisingly it is not that far out of Scottsdale compared to the parks on the east west drags. Yes its a 20 mile drive, but so are most of the other reasonable options.

Roadrunner lakes is another okay park, nothing special and its still just as far.

We have looked for the last 4 years to find a good park in the Phoenix area and have come down the the opinion that for us McDowell is one of the few best parks in the area, the others are further out. It is surprisingly difficult!

Good Luck!

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for your reply, Thunder, will look into this one. What about parks in Mesa? There are several, but I have no idea which ones are closest to Scottsdale. Also am still hoping to find out how far Roadrunner Lakes is from Scottsdale. Their office is closed today, as are many of the parks that I have called. Thanks again for you help.

Put the address for the park in Google maps it will give you location and if you know the address in Scottsdale put it in and it will give you distance.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your reply, Thunder, will look into this one. What about parks in Mesa? There are several, but I have no idea which ones are closest to Scottsdale. Also am still hoping to find out how far Roadrunner Lakes is from Scottsdale. Their office is closed today, as are many of the parks that I have called. Thanks again for you help.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at McDowell Mtn Park operated by Maricopa County. FHU except for sewer (dump station at entrance). Scottsdale is 30 minute drive. It is one of the most beautiful desert campgrounds you will ever stay in. Great views and out of the worst of the smogbowl.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!