cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seattle Washington and SeaTac

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
This is a ways off but wondering if there are any campground near SeaTac where I could stay a couple days then leave motorhome while I fly out for a month long trip? Probably be 1st week of Sept.

2nd choice would be a reasonably priced storage area.

Either way transportation to the airport around 9pm would also be important.
Jim
11 REPLIES 11

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
I'll take a look at it, thank you. Jim

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
You could try gig harbor rv park. There is a shuttle from gig harbor to SeaTac

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago we camped our way up to Portland and dropped my eldest at his summer camp. Then the next day we dropped the trailer in a storage yard and paid about $40 for one month. Then husband flew home and younger child and I went on a 4 week road trip (I couldnt handle the trailer alone) It worked well.

auntrsc
Explorer
Explorer
We need a RV park for a few days & then need to leave it while on a cruise...will be in & out of Seatac 3 times....anyone know about Issaquah parks or something within maybe a 45 min drive to airport??? Thanks Rhonda

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. On the surface Kent looks like a good choice, I checked the reviews and many bad ones, must have went downhill quick?

I will look into Lake Pleasant RV, There is also the option of a storage yard and hotel for 1 night.

One of my concerns is getting to the airport late at night. Jim

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Marine By Choice wrote:
wcjeep wrote:
KOA in Kent is probably going to be the closest campground. Uber or cab for transportation. Not alot of campgrounds around Seatac.

KOA Kent

Unless things have changed since my last visit I would not recommend the KOA.
We pulled in, saw that there were a number of full time "guests". Having stayed there over 10 times in the past this was a shock to us. Dirty, unkept sites.

Hopefully this has improved since we last drove in there. That was a little over a year ago.

Good luck. The RV place in Bothel (Lake Pleasant RV (?) would be my choice.

Not true I stayed there for 30 days between October 2014 and January 2015 and it was fine a little tight but no real problem

Was not dirty or unkept
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
wcjeep wrote:
KOA in Kent is probably going to be the closest campground. Uber or cab for transportation. Not alot of campgrounds around Seatac.

KOA Kent

Unless things have changed since my last visit I would not recommend the KOA.
We pulled in, saw that there were a number of full time "guests". Having stayed there over 10 times in the past this was a shock to us. Dirty, unkept sites.

Hopefully this has improved since we last drove in there. That was a little over a year ago.

Good luck. The RV place in Bothel (Lake Pleasant RV (?) would be my choice.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I stored my motor home at Kent RV for 3 months in both 2013 & 2014 Great people and they even did some repair work and winterized it for me. It was $125 plus tax a month

Security was good as it was in high fenced area

http://www.kentrv.com/
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
most are happy with Lake Pleasant RV park in Bothell.

otherwise, not many other choices. it's Seattle for heaven's sake!

Last summer, we stayed at this place. They have 110 volt, 15 amp service in their storage area. Bring a long extension cord! Everyone is plugged into the same pedestal. We went on a 7 day cruise.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
most are happy with Lake Pleasant RV park in Bothell.

otherwise, not many other choices. it's Seattle for heaven's sake!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer

KOA Kent