cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

shaw satellite

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
now that shaw has completed satellite upgrades.
is anyone in southern states using shaw satellite that can
fill us in on what channels they are still getting?
26 REPLIES 26

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Joe for the info! I suspect that we will be able to receive Canadian TV in the south for a while yet. I think that the life of the older sats will be the determining factor, not the shuffling to HD. I also think that Shaw knows they have folks that use their service in the US although they don't admit it publicly, to keep the US networks from giving them a hard time.

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
Flyboy320 wrote:
Shaw no longer supports satelite south of the 49th. The current satelite will shutdown Sep/Oct. We winter in southern AZ and will be going with a "streaming" service that offers 5000 channels at $20/ month + purchase of the equipment.
HS Mobile World. Call Bill at 604-510-5040 to get all the info. Others in our park use this service and are happy with it.Bill was very happy to answer all our questions.

Won't you also need unlimited high speed bandwidth (aka internet access) in the park you're at? That might add issues and/or $$$ to the project.

We have 25-27mbps thru Dish while we are in AZ. According to "Bill" that is more than sufficient and should not encounter any buffering. Other Canadian friends in the same park gave me a demo of the system and they have never had buffering.

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
well joe
maybe not your work but you answered my and im sure lots of others questions and concerns over this issue with supplying the info that i had not been aware of before now.
glad to see the RVNET site can work with knowledgeable and carrying participation.
koodos to you

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
This is not my work. lonsat on digitalhome.ca produced this list. He said: "I created this channel listing based on the information from Shaw Broadcast and Shaw Direct. When all the transitions are done, largely by the end of September, the following link shows you what channels will be available outside of the G1 footprint. The channels crossed out in red are or will be on G1. The remaining channels are or will be on F1R or F2."

Channels available way south of Canada

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS JOE!!!!
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH REAL INFORMATION.
SOUNDS LIKE WE WILL STILL GET ENOUGH CHANNELS
TO MAKE IT WORTH WHILE TO STAY WITH SHAW.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Flyboy320 wrote:
Shaw no longer supports satelite south of the 49th. The current satelite will shutdown Sep/Oct. We winter in southern AZ and will be going with a "streaming" service that offers 5000 channels at $20/ month + purchase of the equipment.
HS Mobile World. Call Bill at 604-510-5040 to get all the info. Others in our park use this service and are happy with it.Bill was very happy to answer all our questions.

Won't you also need unlimited high speed bandwidth (aka internet access) in the park you're at? That might add issues and/or $$$ to the project.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wow. Lots of incorrect information in this thread. ALL channels that are on satellites F1R and F2 WILL be available south of the border. NONE of the channels on G1 will be available. Shaw Direct is dropping almost all of the standard definition channels - (almost) all channels will be High Definition.

Changes are ongoing, not finished.

If you're really interested in the details, go to digitalhome.ca

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
thats the kind of info we need.

someone down there that can give us a list or idea of what is still working. try to get info from Shaw but got shot down.

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the high definition channels are available down in Apache Junction, AZ. Also, some of the ones that where converted, retained their place on F1/F2 satellites. I suspect that some of the other conversions will also be on F1/F2 and we will be able to see them. Time will tell.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

CardinalRule
Explorer
Explorer
All of the standard definition and High Definition Canadian and US channels will not be available. Some of the specialty channels such as Bravo and TSN should be available.
Dave

I RV, I Golf - Therefore I Am.

2016 Acura MDX (No More Truck ๐Ÿ˜ž )
Perminent on site 05 Cardinal 36TS

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
bobfrombc wrote:
now that shaw has completed satellite upgrades.
is anyone in southern states using shaw satellite that can
fill us in on what channels they are still getting?

Hopefully, someone can fill us in. Actually, the Shaw conversion is still ongoing with a lot more stations being converted or dropped in September.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website