cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skidaway Island SP GA upgrades

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got notice that Skidaway Island SP near Savannah GA has finished upgrading sites 1-10 to full hookups. I guess the fight will be on now for reservations. It’s a nice park convenient to Savannah's historic district.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
As I remember it you would need a chainsaw. The wife refused to get on top of the 5th and tell me over the cell phone if I would hit or not. LOL
Seriously, it's a tourist town and they need to clear a route to the campground.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead, I know what you are talking about. I've seen rvers with Class A motorhomes walk on the road in front of their motorhomes clipping limbs on Spanish oaks in order to drive to their rented site. They are beautiful dripping with moss, but can rip the shroud right off your air conditioner.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Until they trim those low hanging live oak tree limbs I'm not going back.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
GA has been upgrading sites at a number of the state parks to full hookups over the past few years. About half the sites at Crooked River SP are full hookups now, and Ft McAllister SP also has several.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
And it's not all that far to Tybee Island, too. You may just want to climb a lighthouse in Fort Screven section of the island.