Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smokey Mountains: Cades Cove vs Smokemont

Drew_A_
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

We are planning a trip to the Smokies for next year and would like to stay in the park. Which campground would be better for large travel trailers? Ours is 35 feet long. Both say trailers 35 feet max, but I'm also wondering about the roads in/out of the campground.

Also, how is the temperature for August? I know both campgrounds are at ~2000 feet. Is this enough to keep it cool enough that AC isn't required?

Thanks, Drew
2018 Ram 3500 CTD, 4X4, Laramie, SRW, SB
2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
15 REPLIES 15

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I commend you for wanting to enjoy being in the Park rather than some crowded, less natural town campground. You probably know that none of the Park campgrounds have any hook-ups(so no AC). No, 2000 ft. isn't really high enough to be cool in hot Aug. weather although a little cooler than in town. With a trailer that big I wouldn't want to commit to either of those campgrounds without looking at sites first. There would be sites that would work but many might not. It's not just the site but all the trees, curves, etc. We like both campgrounds; Cades Cove a little better. Got hung up once at Cades Cove with a 25 ft. 5th wheel. Got in the site but a heck of a time getting out. Now we have a 30 ft. MH. I would go but look carefully before parking.
Jayco-noslide